Thursday, January 13, 2011

Keeping the Fingers Crossed....

Last Night's Facebook Status:
Time for me to call it a night... Going to make myself leave the house tomorrow on my day off and go work out... NO EXCUSES! Night everyone, have a great day!

Well, I did it, I got my self out of bed, showered and went to Curves to work out. I also talked to the owner, as she ran an ad in the local newspaper looking for an assistant manager trainee. This is right up my alley. Gets me a start in the direction I want to go in my life. My goal has been, that once my divorce is final, I would love to become a personal trainer. This could get me the push I need, give me a bit of training in nutrition, fitness, anatomy, etc. I need. I've wanted to get a jump start online with learning a few things before I take classes. I totally do not remember even a quarter of what I learned in school about anatomy!

The owner said she would pull my application as I had applied a couple months ago but they were not hiring. She plans on starting interviews next week...so, wish me luck, say a prayer or two, and keep those fingers crossed! I really could use the job right now not only to give me a jump start in what I want out of my life, but also as my hours at work have been cut.

I did fairly well with my workout today. It's only my second workout in 6 weeks due to injuring my back at work. It still blows my mind a bit that it says my abs are not quite as strong as they should be. I have rock hard abs! I love crunches, and ab workouts. Hmmmmm, time to get the fitness ball back out and use it regularly. Not just when I think I should.

My other area I was low in was the trapezious, or the muscles near the spine between the shoulder blades. That is very much expected though right now, as that is where I injured my back, and it is also where the majority of my curve is from my scoliosis. A week or two of continuous working out and I should be good. I'm already starting to feel less stress and tightness in my back there.

I would share my weigh in and measurements from today, but they are changing computer programs and my information has not yet been updated in the computer.... so I will get it later, when she has my information re-entered. BUT... I did loose 2 lbs from my last weigh in. I am down to 147 lbs. Seven pounds from my happy weight, and 12 lbs from where I would like to see myself. There was a few slight differences in my measurements, but considering it's that TOM again, and it was a different coach measuring today, the placement of the tape measure could be off slightly. But, overall, we are pleased with my results. Maintaining is better than gaining...

I am working on creating a 50x50 mini bucket list. 50 things I want to accomplish before I turn 50 years young. A few of the items I have included...

1. Complete the 200 squat challenge
2. Complete the 200 lunge challenge
3. Complete the 100 push-up challenge
4. Become a personal trainer
5. Go on a hike
6. Make fitness a habit

I'm only created half the list...so any reasonable suggestions would be welcomed!

I have 9 years to complete my list...and being that a few of my physical one's are pretty tough, I best start working on those soon or I will never be able to do it. Not so sure I could handle 100 pushups at 50 years of age...LOL.


Today's Workout:

30 minutes CurvesSmart Workout. Calories burned 509...
1 set of 24 Sumo Squats with a twist
1 set of 50 crunches on fitness ball
2 sets of 10 modified pushups
1 set of 25 hip abductions
1 set of 25 hip adductions

Today's Body Blessings:

Breakfast:

Oops, I forgot to eat before leaving to do my workout. I was too excited about talking to the owner about the job position she has open.

Lunch:

Ham Salad Sandwich (chunk ham, miracle whip, pickle relish), raw spinach leaves, on one slice white bread.

Pineapple tidbits, drained


Dinner:

Meat Loaf
Potatoes of some sort...not sure yet, but will ensure I keep the portion in check!
Veggies

No comments: