Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oatmeal.



OH MY GOSH! This is the most amazing stuff ever. I have always been a fan of oatmeal; ever since I was a small child. It was a staple on cold, snowy, Michigan mornings.

Over the last year or two, since becoming a coach, I have seen so  many posts about overnight oatmeal. I was reluctant to try it, simply for the fact that the oats were not being cooked, but rather, mixed with other ingredients and placed in the fridge until morning. You could eat them cold or just reheat in microwave a few seconds.  I wasn't sure I'd like the texture mainly.

Well, I came across one for Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oatmeal, and I finally convinced myself to give it a shot. This stuff is addicting! I didn't follow the recipe I found exactly... I'm a big time improviser when I don't have something the recipe calls for.  The substitutions I made were absolutely AMAZING!

Mix up a batch and give it a shot, then shoot me a message on how well you liked it!


BROWNIE BATTER OVERNIGHT PROTEIN OATMEAL


1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 medium sized banana
2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
2 Tablespoons Raw Honey
1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
(Creamy or Crunchy, I prefer Crunchy)
1 scoop or Packet Chocolate Shakeology1 Cup Old Fashion Rolled Oatmeal



Mash banana, add all ingredients except oatmeal. Mix until well combined, then fold in the oatmeal. This makes 2 servings, however, I divide it into three as it better fits my 21 Day Fix meal plan. 

I place mine into 1/2 pint Ball Jelly Jars, top with lid and ring, and place in refrigerator. Chill at least one hour, or over night. Oats can be served warmed up in microwave or eat as is, straight from the fridge. I have yet to try it warmed, I love it cold!


No comments: