Thursday, January 15, 2015

Tuna Patties

While surfing my 21 Day Fix boards I follow on Facebook, someone posted a tuna patty recipe. That got me to thinking. I LOVE tuna patties, but the recipe I always used was not going to be clean or healthy.  Since I had a few cans in my pantry, I decided to make up my own for dinner tonight whith what I had on hand.  They were FANTABULOUS if I do say so and simple to make up. 



Tuna Patties


Ingredients:

2 5-oz cans of tuna, in water, drained.
1 small onion, chopped (about a 1/4 cup)
1/3 cup raw old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 Tbsp. Penzey's Fines Herbes Seasoning blend
1/8 tsp. Penzey's Crushed Red Pepper
1 egg (or two egg whites)
Pink Himalayan Salt and Black Pepper to taste, optional (I used just pepper)
Lemon Juice

Instructions:

In medium sized bowl, combine the drained tuna, chopped onion, oatmeal, Fines Herbes Seasoning blend, crushed red pepper, and eggs until mixed well. Shape into 4 patties, season with salt and pepper and additional crushed red pepper if desired. I like spicy, so I added extra! 

Cook in fry pan sprayed with a bit of non-stick cooking spray until browned on both sides and heated through.

Sprinkle lemon juice on top when serving.

Yields: 4 patties or 2 - 21 Day Fix approved Servings.




No comments: