Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nothing To Loose Pledge

So, I've had an awesome week of working out...and it's not over yet!

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have rejoined Curves Fitness Centers for Women. I have done a lot of exploring over their website and found the current challenge and am taking on this challenge for the Holidays. Being I joined late, my 10 weeks will fall well beyond the Holidays, but that's OK!

By signing this pledge, I have made a promise to myself that I will continue to live my healthy lifestyle over the holiday season. This is what I am pledging to do...

1. Continue to work out at Curves- 3x a week EVERY WEEK

2. Stretch after my workout- increases the effectiveness by as much as 19%

3. Pay attention to serving sizes- healthy portions fit into the palm of my hand!

4. Have a healthy, fiber rich snack before holiday parties- reduces what I inhale!

5. Move more & Sit less- why sit when I can stand, why stand when I can walk?!?!

6. Relax- Enjoy a bubble bath, listen to music, take a walk... or whatever I find that helps de-stress!

So far this week, I have worked out 6 times! 2 regular Curves Workout, 1 Curves Kickbutt Cardio workout, 2 aerobic classes at Church, and 1 10-jump start cardio workout from sparkpeople.com And that does not even count all the stretches, crunches, and what not that I have done at home while watching TV, playing on the computer, etc...

I'm off to a good start with my fitness...now to get my eating portions under control. Starting RIGHT NOW I will do better!

On Tuesday when I went to the Friends For Fitness Class, I was walking with the instructor (who has been teaching this class now for over 20 years, a member of the church... I even remembered her from when I went there as a child/teen). I explained how stressful my life has been, how I joined Curves a few years ago and learned everything I could about living a healthy lifestyle. And told her that my dream is to become a personal trainer myself once I get through my divorce and get my mindset where it needs to be for me to do this.

Today, I come in and she hands me a paper to fill out for the class and also handed me a booklet on the certification and degrees offered by NETA. This is where she got her class instructor certifications. She's really excited about my goal I have set for myself and I'm pretty sure she's been praying for me too. She also asked me today, if Holly and I would be willing to be greeters on Sunday mornings at church. That is a bit outside my comfort zone as there is so many people I don't know and I get so shy around "strangers"... but I'm willing to give it a try..but gotta do it after the holidays as my working retail is going to make it hard for me to be at church every Sunday morning.

I really am thinking that things are going to start looking up for me! GO ME!!!!!

So far for today...

My Body Blessings:

B: Cottage Cheese, Apple, Iced Tea

L: 2 Chili Cheese Dogs, Mac N Cheese

D: 3 sm. Chicken tenders (chicken Parmesan), spaghetti squash with homemade marinara, 2 slices Texas Cheese Toast.

S: Ice cream

Today"s Work Out:

Curve's Kickbutt Cardio, 30 ,minutes plus stretching

Friends For Fitness Aerobic Class, 1 hour plus cool down and stretching

No comments: