Monday, November 8, 2010

My First Day Back...

Well, today was my first day back to Curves. It's just like I remember it... sorta. This Curves sticks to the Curves Program... to the T. No bending the rules allowed. Which, in a way kinda sucks, because some of the machines can be used in more than one way to target different muscle groups, but because Curves only approves one way of using them, I can't target other muscle groups by altering the way I use it. There is only two machines really that I like to alter, but I guess I will just have to find my weights, jump ropes, yoga bands, etc. to make my workouts stronger for me.

Another things on the downside... with the new Curves Smart Equipment, I am limited to just 2 trips around the circuit... or 30 minutes per session. I like to work them hard, but do 45 minutes, then do my cool down and strength training.

But, on the plus side of things, we are now able to work out everyday if we want. The Curves Smart Equipment logs our workouts and if we workout to full capacity one day, it automatically knows and will only allow you to work out at 80% the second (consecutive) day. So, on the second day, I can still workout, the machines won't allow me full capacity, but I can work the recovery boards hard to get cardio in. I LOVE that idea. I love the cardio. I just gotta find fun ways to incorporate it into my workout. I used to just do 3-4 different steps, moves, etc... but I think I will try incorporating other stuff in too. I should check out the video's on Sparkpeople for ideas...

I've been buying healthy food options again. Eating a lot more fresh fruits and veggies. It's been a while...so, this past couple of weeks I've done way better. Bought more yummy healthy foods today.

I also bought a new Diet Journal to track my meals, workouts, etc. I had actually bought it for someone else, but they didn't want it...so I will use it myself. I like my old one better, but that's in storage so I will make this one work for me.

Well, off to finish up my household chores. Another thing I want to get myself into a routine with. I need to get myself more active and not just sitting at the computer or TV all the time as I had been when Grandpa was home. Not a lot for me to do with the household chores, since Grandpa pays a housekeeper to come in...though, personally, I don't think she does as thorough job as she should considering what she is paid.

Today's Body Blessings:

Breakfast: 1 Egg, 1 English Muffin, 1 slice Colby Jack Cheese, mayo, grapes

Lunch: Apple

Snack: Wesco Popcorn... more than I should have eaten!

Dinner: Chicken Breast bbq'd, Salad, Raspberry Vignette dressing, 1/2 c Fried Rice, 1 slice Banana Pumpkin Bread

Today's Fitness:

Curves Workout... 1/2 hour + stretching, cool down.
3 sets of 50 crunches on Stability Ball
3 sets of 10 push-ups



Water
Unsweetened Tea
Diet Pepsi (64-oz) WAY TOO MUCH. Need to work on cutting it back out again! Time to fill the water bottles!

No comments: