Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Weigh In for week 8...

Well, here it is, week 8 of the GAG 2009 Challenge and I feel like I've made little to no progress... nobody's fault but my own. I keep slipping into the lack of motivation role when work gets/got stressful...when things at home are stressful, or I just plain feel warn out.

On the UP side... I have made it to the gym twice this week! I went and worked out Saturday after work... walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes then did about 30 minutes of strength training using one machine which was totally new to me... a back extension machine. I LOVED it. It felt so good on my back and also gave my legs quite the workout as I had it set at 110 lbs! I was feeling it a bit yesterday but nothing too unbearable.

Not only did I work out at the gym 2 x this week, I also did a new workout for me. Namaste Yoga. I wasn't really so sure I liked it or not. I actually prefer cardio or strength (with weights) training... but a few hours after doing the workout, I was really feeling it in my muscles. It was a good workout. Only thing I really didn't like... it's slow moving and it was on Fit TV so there was commercials and I had no clue what to do during the break. At least with cardio, I can continue with the same thing or walk in place, walk the stairs waiting for it to come back, etc... with the yoga, it's not so easy to hold a pose for the length of a commercial! LOL...

My eating wasn't too bad this week... though, my weight just seems to stick around the 144 mark each and every day. I guess it's better to maintain there than continue with an upward trend when I am not working out as I should...

Here's to another good week of working out. I need to find my schedule and start planning ahead so I can make sure I'm doing them and making time for them... :)

Today's Weight: 143.6

9 comments:

Christine said...

Keep up the working out and you willdrop the lbs in no time. Glad your back and feeling better.

Heather & Chaos said...

I LOVE the Namaste Yoga on FitTV. But I TiVo it and then watch it so I can fastforward through the commercial. Otherwise, I guess just strecth??? But I hear ya on the what to do?? I need to get back to it though as I haven't done it in MONTHS!!

Sorry Sue forgot ya on the lies post! But look! You get your OWN post. =) Hee hee!!

Christine Jeske said...

I used to do Fit TV all the time. I stopped paying for TV this spring though. I used to play Namaste in the mornings just to listen to the relaxing music but I wouldn't do the yoga because I hated it, my body wouldn't bend right and I had no balance! Then after *listening* to Namaste Yoga, I would be in the mood for the workout show afterwards! Lol!

Hooray for setting the weight machine to 110lbs! That's awesome!

Lisa Jones aka "Jones" said...

good job with the weight machine! your doing great!
and i'm sure sues sorry her phone is dumb and she didn't get your lies post up till today... :)

Anonymous said...

Jones, my phone isn't the one who is dumb, it's the user. Sad state of affairs when the machine is smarter than the operator.

SORRY LISA!!!

But look at you trying 2 new things and crushing the OUT OF THE BOX challenge!

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Awesome job so far!

Anonymous said...

Good Job this week. I know how if feels to be losing slowly. I feel like it is taking forever for me. Good luck this week.

Sab said...

During commercials, I would just jog in place or do jumping jacks. :) and 144 is great! :)

Arcticmal said...

Lisa, aweomse for making to the gym twice... good stuff for trying the back extension machine :)
Yoga? how was it??

Yes here is to a new week, keep up the good work!!!