Tuesday, October 6, 2009

If I become MIA this week...

It's because I may be making an emergency trip home to Michigan as my husband's grandma is not doing well. She has Alzheimer disease and her body is shutting down. she has not eaten since Friday, her skin is cool to the touch, test reveal she is in no pain, but they are not sure she will make it more than a day or two... So I may end up leaving Thursday of Friday go home and be with the family.

I'll check in when I can if I do have to leave...

Prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Sheila, if you don't hear from me, you'll know why. Just use my last free pass next week if I'm unable to keep up.

Thank You.

Lisa

PS: Read this in a Sparkpeople email I received today... another reason for all of us to get off our tushes and work out...

Exercise Keeps Your Mind Sharp

A new study from the National Institutes of Health found that the most sedentary individuals (i.e. couch potatoes) are 2.5 times more likely to develop dementia than regular exercisers. Dementia is a condition of declining mental abilities (especially memory) that affects your personality, skills (like driving a car), and verbal abilities.

Action Sparked: Stay on a consistent exercise program throughout your lifespan. Try not to view exercise as a temporary means to and end (weight loss). It is part of a healthy lifestyle, and while it does help you lose and maintain weight, it can steer off plenty of health problems, from heart disease to depression.

Time Involved: 20-60 minutes, most days of the week

Body Benefit: Healthy body, healthy mind

3 comments:

Arcticmal said...

Lisa,
Sending you thoughts and prayers to you and your family!!!
H

Christine said...

Hi, sorry about your gramma. Mine just died two years ago, she was the same way at the end. Although, my mom said that just before she died she became lucid. I will be praying for you and your family in this difficult time.

Chupsie said...

Thanks for the kick in the butt, I know I need to work out more. and i have been feeling groggy and crappy for the past few days... I really got to start again!

Hope grams is ok, and there are no emergencies... Take care if there are. ::hugs::