Monday, August 31, 2009

All Set and Ready to Go!

I'm ready for the challenge to begin!

I did get a head start on my workout today as I want to start the 100 push-up, 200 squat, 200 crunch challenge over and do it with STANDARD push-ups only... no modified.

Today's Workout:

My P-U, Squat, & Crunch challenge:
33 squats (starting this over too)
25 push-ups, all standard
120 Crunches

Additional Strength Training: 2 sets of 12 with 8 lb weights...

Dumbbell One Arm Row
Modified Push-ups
Dumbbell Squats
Double Crunch
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell curls
Dumbbell Triceps Extension
Crunch
Straight Leg Reverse Lift
Standing Calf Raises
Dumbbell Flat Chest Fly
The Plank (25-30 seconds each)

5 comments:

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Holy cow... I can do like 3 standard! I read an article in Women's Health Mag that suggests you do them (on your toes) against stairs, 15 four times a week and work your way to the bottom of the stairs slowly until you can do them on flat ground. I'm still on girly knee push-ups. *sigh* I'll get there. You're amazing.

Unknown said...

Annalisa, that is why I started over on my challenge... I was doing them or at least the majority of them on my knees... I wanted to build the strength to do it standard...

if you check out hundredpushups. com there is a chart there to do the challenge... it has beginner column to start with so it's not hard. I went to column 2 (middle of the road) to do mine. Initially I started out at the highest level but couldn' do them all standard...

Good Luck with the new Challenge!

Christine Jeske said...

I took a pause on the 100 pushup challenge and can't wait to start doing the other two. That's hard work! I can't wait to be able to do just 50 pushups in a row, that would rock. :D

Best of luck on GAG, Lisa! ♥

Sab said...

I took a break from the 100 push up challenge too, and not sure I want to try again for a little while at least. I'm doing the 30 day Shred right now, and that is taxing enough!

One Pretty Little Box said...

:) I am glad your a part of GAG!