Sunday, May 31, 2009

Today has been a very boring day... I've not really accomplished much of anything other than grocery shopping. That wasn't even planned, but hubby's pay check was deposited into the bank account a day early and since the commissary will be closed tomorrow (always is on Monday) and it's my only other day off this week, I decided to take advantage of getting my shopping done early.

I went to bed at a decent time last night, fell asleep fairly quickly, but woke up at 2:30 wide eyed and bushy tailed, all rearing and ready to go. I laid there willing myself to go back to sleep, but it just was not happening so I finally came downstairs and just got online for a bit.

One of my ex-boyfriends from High School has been trying to convince me to join Facebook as many of our classmates are on there. I've not seen most of them in over 22 years now! A few I've talked with online a few times a couple years ago when we were trying to organize our 20 year class reunion, but other than that I've not seen most since the day we graduated.

Well, yesterday I finally re-joined Facebook and have since been "reunited" with about 17 of my classmates as well as one of my first friends I made after getting married and joining the Air Force Family. I actually found Steph a few months ago when I located one of her daughters on Myspace. It was so cool finding her as her husband got out of the service and we moved away and lost touch eventually. She was my best friend and our kids spent lots of time together.

Well, in all honestly, that's how my day has been... not done anything else at all... other than fix breakfast and dinner and clean up after each.

I'm off tomorrow so that will be a day spent with my daughter. She has asked if she can get her ears pierced again... Daddy finally is agreeing to it though he is not thrilled. He just does not understand it's a girl thing... me, I find nothing wrong with the lobes being pierced...but I draw the line at the belly, tongue, nose, etc. until she is on her own...even then, I won't like it. I am also taking her to get her hair cut and colored. She has decided she does not like having the highlights as she doesn't like the "roots"... Then we will just spend the afternoon together having fun...whatever we find to do.

I'm hoping to make it to the gym tomorrow too since I'm off. It's been a while and I really need to get back up there. My muscles are finally feeling better and not aching so much from the push ups I overdid last week.

Today's Body Blessings:

B: 2 biscuits with sausage gravy, bacon, scrambled eggs
L: notta... breakfast was late since I slept in
S: Popcorn & 100 calorie ice cream bar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beware, Facebook can cause the clock to tick away at lightning speed :P that's my excuse for not getting chores done and I'm stickin' to it LOL

I had my nose/tongue/belly button pierced as a teen... luccckily it was just a phase and I wear merely earrings now :o) hopefully your daughter will be satisfied with her earrings (wink)

One Pretty Little Box said...

Sounds like a good relaxing day Lisa! Have a lovely Monday!