Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Weighing In and Posting Pics...

Well, here we go... It's Day One of Sheila's Sizzlin Hot by Summer Challange. Here are my begining pics, mind you, I started my own personal challange a little over two years ago and lost thirty pounds. My husband was gone and I didn't have to worry about fixing things he would eat, so I ate the way I felt was right for me, I worked out 3-4 times a week (sometimes more) as I had time to do that while my daughter was at school and some days she went with me.
After my husband came home and he started cooking again ( he gets home from work before I do and since it's dinner time by the time I get home, he does most of our dinner cooking) I gained back 15 lbs. Over the past few months I have worked on loosing the weight and was actually doing pretty well up until about 2 months ago... In two months, I've gained back the pouch on my stomach and can see the fat around my back forming back too...
So, here is my side profile...


And the front...




Today's weight... 143.4 lbs.


I'm almost to where my actual goal is, so I don't have a lot to loose, though, I am thinking of dropping my goal by 5 more pounds to 135 lbs. My biggest reason for joining this challange is so that I will gain the motivation I need to make my workouts become a habit and be consistant. I miss the muscle tone I had when I was working out at Curves and walking at the Walk Park... I miss having a good nights sleep, I miss how I felt about myself. My self confidence had sky rocketed. I've always had a low self asteem, and when I was fit and toned, I felt much more confident.

I'm working on my 2 week menu. As I commented on Sheila's post, the dinners will be hard for me to do and I probably won't include them since my husband fixes what he feels up to fixing that day. I have total control over my own breakfast and lunch though, so I will post them. I've not yet been to the grocery store, so the lunch part will be a bit of a challange and may change over the course of time, but here is a my guideline for at least the first week... I will update when I am done grocery shopping...

Wed 4-1

Breakfast: Grab & Go Cottage Crunch
Lunch: Buffalo Chicken Salad from JR. Rockers
Dinner: Deli Selects Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich, Mandarin Oranges, Vegtable Juice

Thur 4-2

Breakfast: Ham/egg on English Muffin, Fruit
Lunch: Veggie Soup

Fri 4-3

Breakfast: Pancakes and fruit
Lunch: Subway Ham & Turkey Sub, whole wheat, no mayo or dressings. Loaded with Veggies

Sat 4-4

Breakfast: Grab & Go Cottage Crunch
Lunch: Tuna Sandwhiches, Fresh Veggies

Sun 4-5

Breakfast: Sausage Gravy over Biscuit, Fruit
Lunch: BLT

Mon 4-6

Breakfast: Omlet, ham and veggies
Lunch: Leftovers from Sun. Dinner

Tue 4-7

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Fruit
Lunch: Sandwhich, fresh veggies, & fruit

Snacks each day will very depending on what I am in the mood for, but they will consist of fat free puddings, sugar free jell-o, cheese sticks, crackers, granola bars, fresh or canned fruit, & veggies...


OK... now I'm off to do some grocery shopping so I can get the things I need for my lunches...

Good Luck everyone on our first day of the challange!





4 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

At first glance, I thought, wow, she's TOO skinny! But I totally understand about being fit and toned and you are definitely the one who knows your body best. Best of luck to you in the challenge and getting SIZZLING! :-)
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Hi hon, thank you for your comment!

I agree with Mama Bear, you look so skinny. I'd give my left arm to look that skinny :o) but it doesn't hurt toning up, bear in mind that muscles weigh more than fat so you might not shed many pounds because of that.

You have an awesome bod and kudos to you for sharing the picture, it's actually a thinspiration picture for me LOL

I wish you nothing but success, we can do it!!

Melisa said...

Lisa - if it makes you feel better I could put your pouch to shame! lol :)

I think you are a braver woman than I to post your pics with so much skin. You go!!

Here's to all of us being healthier by the end of this challenge!

Christine Jeske said...

Hey I am a challenge late comer and just wanted to stop by to meet ya. You are beautiful!