Thursday, April 30, 2009

Today did not start off all that well... was laying in bed, hit the snooze button a few times as I was still just too tired to get up. I had trouble falling asleep last night after my late shift at work. Darling Daughter would NOT get off her computer and phone and go to bed... so I had to keep getting after her. She finally listened about 12:30 last night...

Then after hitting the snooze button for about the third time, I lay there waiting for hubby to come home from PT (Physical Training) at the base gym when I heard a light light tap on my bedroom door. It's my daughter, she missed the bus. Her alarm never went off, she set it last night, and somehown during the middle of the night, her alarm was shut totally off.... hmmm, I think she slept through it and was afraid of saying so since she kept getting in trouble over not getting to sleep last night...

Because I had to get up and head to town early to take her to school, I was not able to fix myself a healthy breakfast, so ended up stopping at McDonald's... then to Arby's for lunch. I was expecting to go home and eat dinner, but hubby and daughter were peering in the Receiving Door wondering if I was going t get out of work on time as they wanted to go out for dinner tonight... Soooooo, needless to say, i had three meals out today... and a snack from the vending machine after unloading our two trucks today...

After getting home, however, I did do some strength training after letting my dinner settle. I didn't count everything tonight, I just did a strength training exercises and did it until it started to burn then switched to something else until it started to burn... only did about 10-15 minutes worth as I was basically focusing on the abs tonight and they do not take long to start burning... Like hubby says though, 10 minutes of workout is better than 10 minutes of not working out. Every little bit helps...

Today's Body Blessings...
B: Country Chicken Sandwich, Hash brown, Orange Juice, and a Diet Pepsi
L: Turkey & Swiss Sandwich, 4 piece mozz. cheese sticks
D: Too Many Steak Fajitas, Spanish Rice, and Refried Beans
Today's Workout...
Various strength training moves at home... using just my body as Resistance.

3 comments:

Annalisa@Gracie'sGarden said...

Just a thought... I read a book that suggested this... I have little ones, so I don't have personal experience, but it makes sense to me: Next time she misses her bus, make her find her own way to school. That way she will take steps to prevent missing her bus the next time (such as getting to sleep earlier, waking up when the alarm goes off, etc.) If she has to walk to school, or jump on the phone calling around to friends for a ride having to explain the embarrasment of missing her bus to them, she will think twice about missing the bus next time instead of figuring "Mom will just have to take me to school again" next time, which is no real consequence for her, only for you.

Sorry to butt in. Just thought it may help.

Unknown said...

I totally understand... I can't send her off walking to school though as the school is 10 miles from base... We do not have a HS on base, so they are bussed down town. Being she is only in 9th grade and the HS is split into two schools (9th-10th & 11th-12th) none of her friends drive either... so really, I have no choice but to take her.... but it's an awesome suggestion though! Thanks...and no, you are not butting in. As parents, we all sometimes need a little advice. Thanks!

Lisa

One Pretty Little Box said...

:) Sorry your day didn't go as planned. Glad you did have some yummy food though!

Week 4 stats are posted! Great job!