Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thursday's update...

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is having a great start to their week two of the Sizzlin Hot by Summer Challenge. So far, mine's not going too bad. I had wanted to get up and go to the gym or at least work out at home this morning, but when I woke up my thighs were burning a bit from my workouts last week...so decided to hold off at least until tonight.

I got to work this morning where it was pretty slow, but knew it would pick up as we had two trucks to offload. One small appliance truck and one large softlines/hardlines truck. Both trucks went fairly well... No major issues, if any at all.

Came home this evening and found that DD had text her daddy early and has gone to help volunteer her time in filling sandbags in case they are needed with the expected flooding that may happen in the next few weeks. It's always nice to hear your daughter is wanting to volunteer time to help others in the community out when they are in need. Just wish she would do a bit more around the house too... but, that's life of having children I guess...LOL.

Today's Body Blessing:

B: 1 egg, 2 egg white omelet with asparagus and mozzarella cheese
L: Turkey Swiss Sandwich from Arby's (which I found out is way more calories than I thought!), Mozzarella cheese sticks
D: Red Beans and Rice, Ham steak, fresh veggies, olives, sweet gherkin pickles

Beverages: 3 bottles water so far...will drink at least one more before bed,
1 bottle flavored water
1 Lg. Diet Pepsi at lunch
2 cups Detox Tea

Today's Workout:

Planning on doing some stretches and strength training...will post later as I do them.

Whooo.... I did a pretty thorough all over strength training workout tonight. Probably pay for it tomorrow with sore, tired, muscles. BUT, no trucks tomorrow, so will have another easy day at work... AND, best of all...it gets me closer to my goal of regaining my muscle tone I miss so much!

2 sets of 25 Laying Leg Adductions with resistance band
2 sets of 25 Laying Leg Abductions with resistance band
2 sets of 12 Modified Push ups with 8 lb. medicine ball under one hand on each set
2 sets of 25 Crunches on Stability Ball
2 sets of 12 Bicycle Crunches
2 sets of 15 Triceps Kickbacks with 8 lb weights
2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs with 8 lb weights
2 sets of 15 Calf Raises
2 sets of 15 Arm Raises (to sides) with 8 lb weights
2 sets of 12 Lateral Lunges
2 sets o 10 Squats
1 set of 15 Donkey Kicks with resistance band
1 set of 15 Donkey Kicks without resistance band

No comments: