Sunday, April 19, 2009

Someone Send the Sandman My Way... Please.

Another night with little sleep. Woke up again at 2:00 this morning coughing. I sure wish my sinuses would just dry up so I can sleep.

I finally fell asleep after about 2 hours of coughing, tossing, and turning. Not even sure what time I got up this morning. Maybe shortly after 8:30 or 9:00... again, congested.

Went downstairs and fixed breakfast...our Sunday usual, only this time I paid attention to my portions.

After cleaning up the kitchen, I threw a load or two of laundry in too before heading to work. I am SOOOOO tired of having to give up my Sunday days off because I am short staffed. Corporate offices, after approving higher starting rates for our store, decided to cut all stores starting rates, straight across the board to minimum wage. No higher pay for those who even have experience. Luckily, those already hired in, will keep their pay, but new hires get minimum wage unless they are Leads, and even that is only a little over $1.00 more per hour. It really sucks when people can go to our local competitors and be paid $2-3 more per hour to start...and with benefits. We just can't get any help.

I decided to stop at Mickey D's to grab a bite of lunch before heading to work as I knew that I would not get a lunch break, and going 8 hours without a meal would mean disaster. I ate SMART too... yea me!

No trucks today, I just worked on Bin Checks, pulled tomorrows deliveries, then just before I was to leave, we got busy at Merchandise Pickup, so I helped the guys with that. I left about 10 minutes late, but that's OK.

I stopped in at the Shopette to get the Sunday Paper so I could go through the advertisements and coupons as I will have to figure out a time to do some grocery shopping. Not much is really needed though and Drew and I headed to town after dinner tonight to pick up some of the meats that were on sale pretty cheap. Bought a Whole Pork Tenderloin for a little over $17.00. That will get us 2-3 roasts, and then we will slice some up for pork loin chops which should be another 2-3 meals. Depending on how thick my hubby cuts them. We also picked up a fresh batch of produce...

Came home and put the groceries away, caught up on my boards, emails, etc. Now it's about time to head to bed and hope for a good nights sleep.

Today's Body Blessing...
B: 1 Biscuit with Sausage Gravy, 3 scrambled eggs, fruit cup
L: Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad, Iced Tea (unsweetened)
D: Sirloin Steak, Asparagus, Au gratin Potatoes, olives
Drank quite a bit of water today, but not sure of the amount.
Today's Workout...
Just a few stretches and squats this morning as I was getting ready for work.

No comments: