Thursday, April 30, 2009

April Reflections...

Thought I would share this post that was posted on one of my CAFEMOM weight loss groups... thought it would be a great idea for all of us here doing the Sizzlin Hot by Summer Challenge.

"At the end of each month, I thought that it might be a good idea to reflect on our monthly goals! Even if you didn't do as well as you'd hoped, please post anyway so that we can encourage you and so that others may feel comfortable enough to share their struggles, too.

Did you reach your goal(s)?

What did you do right and what worked for you?

What do you wish you did differently and what got in the way of that?

What have you learned about yourself and your body this month that will effect the way you change things next month?

At the beginning of May, I will put up a new 'Monthly Goals' post that will motivate us to keep up the momentum!"

Congrats to all of those who are reaching their goals and a ((((BIG HUG)))) to all of you that haven't yet, BUT... refuse to give up!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you reach your goal(s)? YES! I'm actually below my goal weight... now to focus on getting the strength back.

What did you do right and what worked for you? I didn't count calories like I did previously, but I did focus on portions. I also eliminated most of the vending machine snacking I usually do. I can't say I stopped all together, but it was a drastic drop in visits to the machine.

What do you wish you did differently and what got in the way of that? Worked out more... I've been working A LOT at work. just came of off 12 days straight and had some goofy hours which made it harder for me to want to get up and go to the gym or do a workout here at home.

What have you learned about yourself and your body this month that will effect the way you change things next month? I still look and feel good even 5-10 lbs below what my goal weight was. Yesterday was 9.2 lbs below, but I know that it was because of my not eatting much over the weekend while visiting my friends. But 135 still looks good and I feel good about myself.