Saturday, January 17, 2009

Warmer Temps, High Winds, Blowing Snow...

The weather today was good and bad... Temps FINALLY above Zero. Was actually 64 degree's warmer than it has been! Whoo Hooo. I think today's high was around 32° above zero. The warmer temps have caused snow to melt on the highways and then the winds picked up blowing snow across the wet highway causing them to get icy. Between Base and the mall where I work, there was between 10-15 cars in the ditch...including another one that has rolled over. One rolled either late last night or early this morning as we noticed that one when we went to town this morning for breakfast and our veggie run. It was gone however, when I went to work about 2:30.

I left work half an hour early tonight just so I was not traveling back to base my myself. One of the girls who works in the auto center also lives on base, so I followed her home. As long as we stayed in the right hand lane, we were fine but if we were to venture over to the left lane, that's where trouble could have happened. Some of the "finger drifts" or "pillow drifts" (both new terms to me, but some I have heard over the past couple of days...LOL) were close to a foot deep. That's enough to send anyone flying if they approached it and hit it unexpectedly.

As I mentioned, Drew and I got up this morning and headed to town to buy our weeks veggies as the store in town's veggies always look so much nicer than the commissary here on base. Before getting our veggies though, we stopped at Denny's to get breakfast. Let me tell you, for those dieting, Denny's is NOT the place to go. I didn't see any health conscious choices at all on the menu. I decided to go with a Half Moon over My Hammy instead of a full sandwich. Well, the waitress messed up the order as I had pointed to "Monday through Friday" only on the menu as I asked about whether or not I could get the "Half" sandwich today... Saturday. Well, she thought I was wanting the Half Grand Slamwich... I ate it anyway though it's not what I really wanted. It was "ok" but too much maple taste for my liking on a sandwich and I really did not want the sausage and bacon. The waitress kept apologizing and offered to have them make me what I wanted. I hate to see food wasted, so I just went ahead and ate it. Then, Drew went to take a bite of his sausage gravy and biscuits and you could swear they were feeing him a hockey puck instead of a biscuit. Again, the waitress was very apologetic and took it back to get another plate. The manager then came out and apologized and gave us a ticket for a complimentary meal and drink ($10.00 value) because Drew's $2.79 plate of biscuits was hard. Can't beat that deal... We paid all of about $14.00 including the tip for breakfast. I still tipped the waitress well as it was an honest mistake on mine, and she was very apologetic over the mess-ups.

We headed home after getting our veggies then got our grocery list around to head to the commissary. I can't believe we spent over $300.00 today on groceries...between the commissary and the store in town. Man, dieting is expensive! Though, we did grab a few extra's for the kids (Holly and the dog...lol). Like I told Drew when I was putting it all away, nobody can report us to Social Services for not feeing our daughter...LOL.

I then got my shower and got changed into my work clothes and headed off to work. I got caught up on a lot of my work that I have not had a chance to do because either 1, I was too busy with running the MPU, off-loading trucks, or 2, not being at work more than an hour... Since the weather was so bad, it was very slow today.

Well, I got home about 7:45 or so and decided that I should probably eat something as I hadn't had a break at work and not eaten anything since noon or shortly after. Now I'm just sitting here updating my blogs and catching up on my boards.

Today's body blessings...

Breakfast: Half Grand Slamwich from Denny's & Hashbrowns
Lunch: Ham, Provolone, Lettuce, & Tomato wrap with mustard
Dinner: Roast Beef and a small Yukon Gold PotatoSnack: Pretzel & 1 hard candy

Today's Fitness...
None...other than the walking I did while grocery shopping...

Tomorrow I am going to try and make it up to the gym if not before I go to work then after. Work, however, will depend on how the roads are. As of right now, they aren't looking good so I may not be going in. But then, I do not go into work until 11:45, so hopefully by then they will have them plowed. We will just have to wait and see what tomorrow holds...

No comments: