Sunday, January 18, 2009

Not as good as I would have liked, but not bad

Well, today was an "ok" day. Not the best for food choices, my burned calories were not really as much as I would have liked as I'm not used to the elliptical so took it easy as to not overdue it, but I did get to do some strength training which I have neglected to do over the past few days.
I slept pretty well last night, though I was up way too late. I work up about 8:00 and came down stairs to fix some breakfast. Again, I restrained from eating everything I fixed. It was our usual Sunday breakfast and I eliminated the gravy this time...
After cleaning up from breakfast, I had to get around for work as I was scheduled 11:45-3:45 today. I was concerned about how the roads were going to be after the yucky temps, blowing snow, and freezing roads yesterday/last night. But in all actuality they were really good going to work this morning. Though, there were 13 cars in the ditch or on the side of the road in the 18 mile stretch it takes me to get to work from home. Three of them that were there last night on my way home however had been removed...so that means there was a few new accidents last night.
I got to work and was the only one there for the first hour or so as one of my associates had called a cab to pick him up for work and it took them over an hour and a half to go pick him up. Once both of the guys got there, I taught them a couple of processes they did not know how to do, then I left them the SNC so that I could go process the softlines that were not completed from the last truck. That only took me about an hour or so to do then it was time for me to head home.
I got home and got changed into my workout clothes, was about to check my email messages to see if Val would be meeting me at the gym. As I was signing in, my phone rang and it was Val. She was at the commissary, needed to drop her groceries off then she would pick me up so we could ride to the gym together. We got there shortly after 5:00 and hit the elliptical as that is what she likes to work out on. Figured we did the treadmill last time, so we would do the elliptical this time. We did a 20 minutes workout then headed to the weight room and worked out for about 15 minutes in there. I would have liked to have been able to do a few more machines, but it's a Sunday and they close at 6:00.
I will probably end up doing my workouts at home tomorrow night as I work 10-6 or so tomorrow and the gym will be closed due to MLK Day... We will have to see how things work out. If nothing else, I'll get my crunches and some strength training in there.
Today's Body Blessing.
Breakfast: 2 Scrambled Eggs, 2 Slices of Bacon, 1 BiscuitLunch: Combo's... bad choice I know, but I was at work and hungry and would not get a lunch break.Dinner: 1/2 cup or so of Home Fries (I did not measure, just eyeballed), Salad with Raspberry Vinegarette Dressing, 1 Sloppy JoeBeverages: Water (not enough), 1 bottle Diet Green Tea, 2 bottles of Diet Pepsi

Today's Workout.
Elliptical, 20 minutes, ranging from level 1-4 (took it easy since my thighs burned and knees buckled last time)60 calories burned.52 miles Chest Press Machine, 2 sets of 15, 25 lbsAbdominal Crunches, 2 sets of 15, 20 lbsLateral Raise, 2 sets of 15, 20 lbsHip Abductions: 2 sets of 15, 105 lbsHip Adduction, 2 sets of 15, 105 lbs
I may still do more crunches, boxing, and torso rotation exercises tonight before heading up to bed... Can work on those as I watch Desperate Housewives... Enjoy your evening Ladies...

1 comment:

Sheila said...

You are doing fantastic. I love the elipitical! :) I may continue my short workouts for the rest of this month and then in Feb, hit hte gym in the afternoons for a longer workout. Just not sure on that. I am still working my new home schedule so we will see.