Friday, January 23, 2009

Long, Slow, almost unproductive day...

Well, today was just not much of day for anything. The weather has turned COLD again. Was -15° when I came home from work tonight. It just takes so long for my Explorer to warm up when it's that cold, that I feel like I will freeze by the time I get home...and it always takes so long for my toes and feet to warm back up.

I got up this morning and didn't see Holly around, so figured she had headed off to school, feeling better today. I got online to see if Val was up to going to the gym this morning with me. She responded that her and her oldest were sick and she really wasn't feeling up to it for today but if she was feeling better tomorrow she would go with me to the gym. I went upstairs and was just about to get into the shower when my phone beeped letting me know I had a new Text Message. It was Holly asking me to bring her some medicine at school as she still was not feeling well, had a headache and felt like she was going to "puke". I told her it would be a bit since I was just getting in the shower. Then she sends a message right back saying that her teacher gave her a pass to go checkout. I guess the teacher felt that she was just not looking good and just needed to go home to rest.

After my shower, I headed into town to pick Holly up and bring her back home. I was putsying around downstairs when I heard her call for me. She was throwing up so she asked me to get her some crackers to help settle her stomache so I grabbed her crackers and took them up to her. It wasn't long before her and Lucy were both sound asleep on Holly's bed.

My phone rang just as I was starting some lunch for Drew and I. It was the store. Evidently, one of my guys neglected to tell me that he was still going to be at his other job in Minneapolis today (he works for the airport and communtes back and forth) and another was going to be late because his wife collapsed today during PT so Barb was by herself on SNC and was worried she couldn't handle it... she never wants to run SNC so will do anything to get out of it. I told her to try calling Josh since he was only working a few hours this week...and I would try to come in early...but wasn't sure how early I could make it since I was just fixing lunch and Holly being sick and all...

Drew got home a few minutes after 11:00 for lunch and we ate lunch then we both took off to head back to work. I ended up clocking in an hour and 15 minutes early. Work was VERY SLOW today. I did get the desk cleaned off as the guys just can't seem to remember to file the papers in the trays beneith the computer or put anything away after using it. It is so frustrating... especially since the Managers are coming down on us to get things done. And has basically told me that I have to get the guys to work and do as I ask them or I may be moved out of my position. I just don't know what else to do. I'm the type of boss that likes to be mean and what not. I've very fair to everyone and do not ask more of any of them then I would do myself. I guess I'm just too nice... I'm working on things to hopefully get the guys to "know" what to do since they seem to think they don't know... they are just lazy and don't want to do it. And it doesn't help that when I ask the other managers to help out and check up on them when I am not at work to make sure that they are doing their jobs... the managers can't even do that.
Honestly, I'm at the point, I sorta wish they would ask me to step down from Lead and let Mark take it over. It is getting to the point I don't even want to get up and go to work anymore....and I love my job. Just hate the frustrations that come with it...

Since I'm off all weekend Drew has mentioned that we should take some time and do some cleaning around the house. It's not really that bad, but we've not had much of a chance to do much with the floors over the past few weeks. And with all the snow, dirty, salt, etc. that gets tracked in on a day to day basis, they really need a good scrubbing. He also mentioned that maybe we will head to Menard's to see if we can get a small piece of carpet to lay in the hallway between the garage door and the kitchen to help eliminate some of the dirts, salt, etc. from being tracked into the house. Our house is all tile and wood floors except for the upstairs...and the arctic room/living room which we put wall to wall carpet down last year when we first moved in to help warm it up down there and stop the echo of the TV.

Tomorrow I also want to make a trip to the gym and get my workout in since I missed it today... and I did a bit too much snacking today too. I've not even tracked it on Sparkpeople but know I am over calories... pretty sure of it anyway.

Today's Body "Blessings"
... I say blessings, lightly...LOL

Breakfast: 8 Reduced Fat Wheat Thins & Mott's 100% Bold & Spicy Tomato Veggie Blend (Grab and go as I went to pick Holly up from School)Lunch: Broccoli/Cheese stuffed Chicken Breast & Fresh VeggiesDinner: Left over Cube Steak, Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom/Onion Gravy, Veggie Blend (Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots, white Corn)Snacks: M&M Cookies, Combo's, Popcorn (100 cal. pack)

Today's Workout...

None

No comments: