Thursday, January 22, 2009

Guess What... It's snowing AGAIN!

Guess What... It's Snowing AGAIN!
With all the snow on the ground, just what we need, more snow! Luckily though, they are getting the piles reduced down here on base, and the National Guard is in town helping remove the piles that are lining the streets down town. Otherwise, there would not be anywhere for more store to be pushed too. Though, tonight's and tomorrow's "snow" isn't suppose to amount to anything. Just flurries. But, it's blowing, so it could cause drifting.

Today was a better day than I thought with my calories...though, it's a guesstimate due to having to eat lunch out because Holly was home sick today and we had to take her to the Hospital to see a doctor since the base clinic could not get her in here. I again substituted the backed potato for veggies... so that helped a lot.

I also got up this morning and got around to head to the gym. I was all ready to go and sent Val a text to let her know I was ready whenever she was. However, we had to wait for the FPCON to change back to Alpha as the base is doing an exercise and put us on Delta for the exercise. Meaning, you had to stay put, no leaving your homes, no leaving wherever you were at at that given moment. It is such a pain having to do that. I can understand it for the active duty members during an exercise, but for the dependents... I had to miss work one day because they would not let me off base. Was to open the store, and had to call the store manager half an hour before I was to be there to let her know they would not let me off base...

The FPCON was changed back to Alpha shortly after 9:00 am, so Val and I headed to the gym to work out. We kept it kinda light today, yet, we had a good workout.

I came home from the gym just in time to get a quick shower, change my clothes so that Drew and I could take Holly into town to see the doctor. I went back with her while Drew waited in the waiting room. It was so funny, after checking Holly's lungs, heart rate, temp, ears, throat, etc., the doctor asked Holly if she has been drinking. She gave him this dumb founded look like "drinking, heck no, I don't drink"...LOL. I started laughing and said to her "Water, fluids, have you been drinking"...LOL She just smiled big and said, "Yeah, water". Needless to say, the doctor found it all to be pretty funny so started harassing her and saying, "You sure you didn't have a Budweiser or a Coors? I saw you drinking a Budweiser. You sure you're not just saying no because you mom's sitting here". It was so funny! Drew got a good kick out of too when I told him.

After leaving the hospital, we drove through the car wash and cleaned up the Explorer about before heading back toward base and stopping for lunch at The Rolling Pin. Then it was back home where I updated my SparkPeople page, started laundry (oops, which I need to go check loads again), & cleaned up the kitchen some. After my stomach settled from lunch, I decided to do the Ab workout that was in the Runner's World magazine I picked up last night. It's a pretty good deep core workout. Using my own body weight as resistance and to create the strength workout. The Plank and Side Plank sure did leave my legs and arms trembling a bit. Great workout for the upper body as well as the core. ;)

Not much else has happened today other than I responded to an email sent to me by someone who was very appeciative of the posts I had posted on Find A Grave Website on my family line. He said that through the posts I had done and the work that Deb Hayes has done (she does a lot of volunteer work on genealogy for the library, genealogical centers etc back home) he has found information that ties are family to his family. It's always pretty cool to see or find people on the site that is related to you or someone knew someone from the past generations whether through work, school, or in passing.

I work late again tomorrow, so with some luck, I can get up tomorrow morning and head to the gym again to workout on the treadmill and do some more strength training. Since I did my upper body today, I'll get to do my lower body and core again tomorrow. Usually I get embarrassed over people commenting or "checking me out" but last night, while I was at the shoppette, I had a guy checking me out as I left the checkout. Not sure if he noticed that I noticed or not, but it made me chuckle a bit...LOL. I guess I must be doing something right...
Today's Body Blessing...

Breakfast: Leftover Sauteed Cabbage and Polish Sausage
Lunch: Lemon Chicken (boneless skinless), 1/2 cup white rice, steamed broccoli, steamed vegetable blend, salad, ranch dressing
Dinner: Cub Steak, 1/2 Mashed Potatoes, 1/2 cup gravy with onions and mushrooms, vegetable blend, fresh veggies
Snack: Mott's 100% Spicy & Bold Veggie Blend, Pretzel
Beverages: 7 cups water, 2- 16.9 oz. Diet Green Tea

Today's Workout...

Elliptical, avg. intensity @ 4.5, 23 Minutes, .75 miles
Fly Machine: 2 sets of 10 with 50 lbs
Row Machine: 2 sets of 15 with 40 lbs
Pull Down Machine: 1 set of 15 with 30 lbs (not enough weight)
Pull Down Machine: 1 set of 15 with 45 lbs
Lateral Raise Machine: 2 sets of 15 with 25 lbs
Superman: 1 set of 10 held 3 seconds each
Bridge Ups: 1 set of 10 held for 10 seconds each
Metromone: 1 set of 10 on each side
Plank: 1 set held 10 seconds on each side
Side Plank: 1 set held 10 seconds on each side

2 comments:

Sheila said...

:) You can keep your snow, we are almost at 80! Poor you!! I would be going bananas, as I do not like cold weather. It gets below 65..... too chilly for me! LOL

Doing great! Keep up the work!

Crystal said...

It's great to see that you had some time to post! This one was very inspirational -- I have just remembered to check my own laundry! haha! Hope Holly is feeling better!

Crystal