Friday, January 9, 2009

Iky Day...

Well, today was a day that I totally blew it. Not just a little but by A LOT~

We woke up to 9 inches of freshly fallen snow on top of what we already had (this is probably close to 3-1/2 to 4 foot total snow already this winter). I was awake half the night and since I couldn't sleep, I kept flipping the channel on the tv back and forth between Walker Texas Ranger repeats and the Commander's Channel. I was so hoping that the Commander's Channel would say that highway 83 had been black flagged... meaning it was shut down and nobody was to drive on it. Which in turn would mean I would get a day off today. Well, that did not happen. I had to be at work at 9:30 this morning and I totally HATE driving on the roads.

Well, the base shut down except for essential personnel, so hubby didn't have to go to work. He was in a good mood this morning, so offered to drive me to work then come pick me up and take our daughter and I out to dinner after I got out.

I did not pack my lunch today and had initially planned on just going to BK or Subway and getting a salad for lunch.... but when lunch time came around, I wasn't in the mood for another salad so went to Arby's... my downfall, and got an Italian Sub and cheese sticks.

Then hubby came to pick me up and decided he was in the mood for China Star... I added mostly veggies to my plate, but Chinese food always tends to be sweetened with some sort of sauce...so even the veggies aren't all that low cal. I did only eat one plate, but I did have dessert too...

I've not yet worked out today at all... Work was slow, so not even a physically challenging day today. The only thing I have done tonight after getting home from dinner is work in my office/craftroom/weight training room is straighten, organize, and throw TONS of craft projects away that I have printed off of the computer in hopes to make some day and never did. It's all just CLUTTER and Clutter makes me sad, depressed, and not very motivated to really want to come in and work on my crafts or even do my workouts. Besides the fact it takes up so much space that I don't have alot of room to work out... My goal is to get rid of alot of the stuff through freecyle and get the banquet table out of the room so I have more room for my workouts.

Well, I'm not going to be hard on myself about my off day. I've had a pretty good week overall. Considering I was sick the first part of the new year, my calories were low. I had a couple days were my calories were less than 100 calories over but I did my workouts every day for the past 4 days or so... two days of strength training and two days of good cardio workouts.

Tomorrow is a new day. Hopefully we won't get alot more of the snow tonight. Suppose to have gotten 40 mph winds this afternoon which would cause alot of drifting, but as of right now, we've not had much winds at all. Highway 83 had very little drifting on it when we came home this evening, so hopefully by morning things will still be ok when I head to work.

No comments: