Thursday, February 19, 2015

Getting Back On Track

Since my post the other night telling how I have been slacking on my meal prep, I have been eating much better the last couple days even getting my veggies in...and let me tell you, my stomach is thanking me. I am feeling less bloated as my body eliminates the the excess carbs, as I fuel it with healthier high fiber foods and getting the portions and macros back on plan.

We really need to learn to listen to our bodies. Listen to our brain as it tells us that pop you just drank, tasted good in the moment, but not long after, a feeling of bloat  then a sugar crash happened....

That extra large serving of pizza, cake, cookies , icecream, yeah you know, all those foods that tempt us, and sometimes we think we can not pass up. Again, the bloat and discomfort we feel afterward. Oh, and let's not forget the guilt we feel. I'm sure you get it... listen to your body, it knows best what you need....

Tonight I also got in a thirty minute workout. It was NOT one of my Beachbody programs tonight, however, I still put an effort in and said "No Excuses, I WILL workout!"  Tonight I thought an old favorite would be fun, so I pulled out my step and did step aerobics.  It was definitely a challenge tonight as my 12 week old kitten decided to join me. 


Today's Body Blessing:

Breakfast: Brownie Batter Overnight Protein Oatmeal (I will HAVE to share this recipe), Eggsalad

Snack: Homemade BBQ Pork/Beef, (meat only, as my breakfast took up most of my allowed carbs for the day.

Lunch: Salad from the deli at work, mixed lettuce, carrots, cukes, onions, tomatoes, broccoli, cheese, turkey, egg, with Honey Mustard dressing

Dinner: Spaghetti Squash with marinara sauce and cheese. 

Only beverages today, WATER and Plain Iced Tea

No comments: