Thursday, November 5, 2009

Quick Check In...

Not a real bad week so far...overall. I have snuck in a few snacks from the vending machines at work, but I'm pretty sure my calorie intake has been pretty close to my goals. I can't wait to make it to the grocery store to replenish my healthy lunches and snacks though...need to pick up some Diet Green Teas to take for lunches and breaks at work too so I am drinking less Diet Pepsi.

I made it to the Y today after work...as much as I really didn't want to as I was really starting to feel tired. Was a busy day at work today doing markdowns. Guess it's better than a busy day cashiering because I hate that! LOL... I worked out on the treadmill... 45 minutes total. Set the incline to minimum of 5% for a minute or two... then alternated that with about 3-4 minutes at a 15% incline! Talk about a good workout on the back of the calves! The base treadmills only go to 10% so the 15% was nice!

Well, I'm off to get around for bed I think. Going to try and make it to the gym again tomorrow since I get out of work at 4:00. I've got early shifts on Saturday...and a split shift on Sunday so my plan is to make it to the Y on those days too! That would make it 4 days straight! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

some green tea sounds ammmmazing right now! pick me up some, please! good job making it to the Y even though you had a hectic work day. rock it girl!

One Pretty Little Box said...

You are doing so well Lisa! You really are. I am sorry your working so hard, but I guess with retail that comes so typical this time of year. In your honor I vow to be extra kind to all those who are sacraficing time away from their homes and families to service us shoppers this time of year. I will give an extra smile, a kind word, and I plan on tipping well when I eat out AND even to the baggers at the grocery store!

Anonymous said...

Good luck hope your weekend is going well

arcticmal said...

Good luck on making it to the gym... how did it go??

Unknown said...

Well, I didn't make it to the gym yesterday or today... Went and walked around "The Big One"... aka, craft show at the State Fair Grounds last night after work with one of the girls from work... and today was a madhouse at work! I walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and well, you get the point. Black Friday Sales came early this year at Sears... and the Canadians as well as the locals kept us hopping.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You're doing great.