Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Play Lists...

I was reading through my new Self and Fitness Magazines and came across some play lists which I wrote down as I am wanting to buy a SD Card for my phone to use as an iPod... :) So because another GAG2009 Challenger has requested ideas, I'm going to share these with you all!

Kristi Yamaguchi Pilate Playlist:

"Elevation"-- U2
"Beautiful Day" -- U2
"Sexyback" -- Justin Timberlake
"Rock Your Body" -- Justin Timberlake
"Don't Stop The Music" -- Rihanna
"All for You" -- Janet Jackson


Body Confidence Playlist:

"You Gotta Be" -- Des'ree
"It's My Life" -- Bon Jovi
"Don't Stop Me Now" -- Queen
"I Run For Life" -- Melissa Etheridge
"You Are So Beautiful" -- Joe Cocker
"Baby I'm A Star" -- Prince



Maria Menounos Fit Playlist:

"Born To Run" -- Bruce Springsteen
"Rhythm Is Gonna Get You" -- Gloria Estefan
"Sweet Child Of Mine" -- Guns & Roses
"Let Me Clear My Throat" -- DJ Kool (can't read my writing on this one...lol)
"Turn the Beat Around" -- Gloria Estefan
"18 & Life" -- Skid Row




Sara Hall's Running Workout Playlist:

Warm-Up Songs


"I Have Found" (Track 1): "This song reminds me of the work God has done in my life this year, and always puts me in a good mood."


"O Taste And See (Remix)" (Track 2): "It puts me in a state of thankfulness to God for how he's blessed me."


"Can I Have More of You" (Track 3): "Captures my thirst for more of God."

Songs for Running Hard

"Let it Rock (clean)" (Track 4): "This song makes me want to sprint so wildly that I don't listen to it during easy runs."

"My Dreams Will Come True (Original)" (Track 5): "My running dreams haven't yet come true, but this reminds me to keep pressing on towards them."

"Played-A-Live (The Bongo Song) (Radio Edit)" (Track 6): "Brings back good memories of Stanford days, drumming on the inside of the track at meets."

"Love Lockdown" (Track 7): "Ryan downloaded this song, and we like to dance to it in our house. The chorus always getting my legs turning over a little faster."

"Disturbia" (Track 8): "I actually thought this song was saying 'Stir it Up' instead of 'Disturbia,' and I like that better. So that's how I sing it in my mind."

"O'Saya" (Track 9): "I love the movie Slumdog Millionaire, and the soundtrack is equally amazing. The beat in this song makes me excited."

"Dance" (Track 10): "This song captures the freedom I've found in my running when God's spirit is moving me instead of striving through my own effort."


Cool-Down Songs

"I Want You Back" (Track 11): "One of my favorite songs since I was young, this always puts a smile on my face."

"Shadow of Your Wings" (Track 12): "Reminds me of a time in my life when I was struggling and God carried me through it."

"Latika's Theme" (Track 13): "In Slumdog Millionaire, this song plays in the last scene when Jamal kisses Latika's scar. I think it's a beautiful picture of redemption and how God heals the scars in our life with His love."

3 comments:

Christine said...

at least you Have a playlist...I have this radio arm thingie...I am turning the channels halfway through my workouts (or even more) cause some green day song comes on and I am sorry, I just can't power through that 21 guns song, it pisses me off...it doesn't work for me. And if I hear another black eyed peas song, I am going to voluntarily deafen myself. Love bruce though, think I need a ipod. Looks like good music.

Unknown said...

I wish I had an iPod too... had some Korean made MP3 player hubby bought me and loaded up with lots of 80's music...but it just decided to up and quit one day. I just got my new phone a few weeks ago and it can be used as an MP3 player so I'm looking forward to figuring it all out... need to get the Mini SD CArd first...then have my daughter download the music for me on her laptop. :)

Arcticmal said...

Thanks for the post!!! woohoo!!!
:) WOW!!!!

I will have to look for some of them :)

thanks a million