Friday, September 18, 2009

It's Fun To Stay At The Y M C A...

Ok, so I've never stayed at the YMCA, but I finally broke my spell of not working out and went to the YMCA Family Center tonight and worked out! Yea Me! Only did the treadmill...but as I mentioned in a post a couple weeks ago, I really want to start putting more focus on my cardio.

It's been a really busy week at work... doing Plan-o-grams all week long... some of which should have been done about a year ago... From what I'm being told, they "did" the POG but didn't have all the new product in so fudged it... well, that's NOT the way it should be done. Needless to say, that's what I've had to work on this week. And to top that off, we've had lots of new POGs to set, straightening, organizing, and new merchandise to put out before our Annual Inspection which is sometime next week.

With everything going on at work, I really slacked this past few weeks when it comes to working out. Thankfully, I've kept the stress at bay and not gone overboard on my eating habits. They have actually been pretty darned good since starting the new challenge. It's hard to believe it's been almost 3 weeks already! Three weeks down and 13 more to go! We can do it ladies and gentleman. Let's kick it into gear this week and really work it!

Today's Body Blessings:

B: Cottage Cheese, Mandarin Oranges, Special K Cereal
L: Spinach Salad (with shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, radishes, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, grilled chicken breast, topped with Raspberry Vinaigrette) Cheese, small jerky stick
D: Pork Rib, small fried potato with onion, fresh veggies, veggie mix
S: doughnut (was bought for me by a co-worker so didn't want to turn it down...though, i did pick on her about ruining my diet...LOL. She said "Oh My Gosh, I forgot!" LOL...)

Today's Workout:

60 minutes on Treadmill, 4 miles + 5 minutes cool down, .25 miles

UPDATE... I totally blew the rest of my day. Was invited to a picnic/bbq at a friends house. Went up there totally not expecting to eat anything since we'd already eaten dinner... but I did... chicken, fruit pizza, a brownie, pita bread with spinach dip, a cookie, chips and homemade salsa (mmmm, it was so yummy!)...

Thank God I went to the gym today after work...and Thank God Alina and I are planning on meeting at the Y tomorrow morning for a Zomba Class....


4 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

I envy you. I'm a type 2 diabetic on a low-carb diet, and I try to avoid cereal and doughnuts. Best wishes to you.

Christine Jeske said...

Have fun at the Zomba class! Hope tomorrow is filled with less temptation. :S You ate a lot of healthy things tho and got cardio in so today wasn't a total bomb. It's ok to take a free day sometimes.

Dani @ PFL said...

I hate when temptations sneak up on me! I hope you have a great weekend! =)

Kate said...

You are doing great! Zumba rocks!