Friday, June 19, 2009

I've Found Myself the Perfect Challenge...

Over on Facebook, one of the guys I worked with in Panama City mentioned that he was was starting to work out doing cardio and strength training...all on his own, not at the gym. Well, one of his buddies posted a site for him and I am sooooo going to go for this 6 week challenge. It incorporates both of my favorite strength training excercises.... Push-Ups & Sit-ups (Ok, I do crunches, but I'm going do the sit up challenge using crunches instead)...

The challenge is to become strong enough over a 6 week period to do 100 consecutive push-ups... and the second challenge is to become strong enough to do 200 consecutive sit-ups. I"ve got a pretty good start on the crunches already as my abs are pretty strong...but I'm going to start Monday and follow the 6 week plan...

If you are interested in checking it out, or even doing the challenge yourself, here is the link to the site...

www.hundredpushups.com & www.twohundredsitups.com

6 comments:

One Pretty Little Box said...

This is basically what I am doing on my own. I am working towards 100 of lunges, crunches/jacknife combos, squats, dips as well as pushups! Lots of natural strength training ~ and core building!

Sab said...

Ooh... That is something I should do! I am lousy at pushups.

Unknown said...

Sheila, did you check out the site? It gives a program on doing it...more than just increasing it a few a day. Kinda neat how they have it set up. I'm going to start this on Monday... Not so sure I'm going to track it on the site though, just printed out the program, will mark off each day as I go. Good Luck with your program. I may incorporate more into it too using the same theory... It would be awesome if they had more than just the push-ups and sit-ups though.

Sab, we could challenge each other with this program if you're up to it... The program gives you different options on how to do the push-ups... regular, knuckle, on your knees, wall-push-ups, etc. You can start with the knee (girl push-ups as they are usually pegged as...lol) and then work your way up to doing full push-ups.

My plan is to start this on Monday... and do them M-W-F. You game???

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

You go, girl! Sounds like quite a challenge.

Love the 15 diet tips, too!
Path to Health

Melisa said...

Whew, finally getting caught up on everyone's blogs since I left for 2wk vacation. As always, lots of very useful information being passed along on your blog.

Thanks so much for always passing that on to those of us who's reading is limited basically to blogs ;)

Best of luck on your new challenges. I may have to challenge myself to something simliar. Was contemplating how to build into my daily routine incremental workouts. Maybe I will have to check out these workouts.

Lastly, congrats on the compliment from hubby....those always are the best aren't they?! :)

Christine Jeske said...

Great challenges! I have seen those ones before and hope to take them on when I get down a little bit more. Awesome! Keep it up!