Friday, May 29, 2009

Retirement... Swim suits... Blessings...

Well, today we had a retirement/going away party for our Delivery guys from work... Two are retiring while the third will just start spending more time on his farm and his other part time job. Sears has decided to let go our delivery team and go with a contracted company. I just do not know how well this will do for the business as they delivery fees are going up and we are going with a whole new team of people for our deliveries. Two of our guys have been with Sears for over 20 years! The customers know them, they ask for them specifically. We had an awesome delivery team and I know I am going to miss each and every one of them... Especially Del as he's the one that got me involved with the March of Dimes March for Babies walk. He's just such a nice guy. He's old enough to be my dad and can actually act a lot like the dad away from home.

My daughter went into the store with me but took off and did her own thing...then came back asking for $5.00 so she could go to Subway for lunch. She didn't want to eat what we were having. She walked down and got her lunch then brought it back to the break room to eat with us.

We then headed into the mall as she wanted to check for a birthday gift for one of her friends. She found what she was looking for but thought it looked two girly for her guy friend so she took pics of them and a few others shirts she thought he might like and will email him for recommendations.

I also found the swimsuit I wanted to pick up with my birthday money from my in-laws. I can't believe of all the suits I looked at, I couldn't find one like the one I saw in Shape last month... nobody has it or anything like it other than New Port News. I just HATE shopping online for clothes as you never know if it will fit or not.

After checking out the stores, I did splurge today and took Holly to Coldstone Creamery for ice cream. I did well though and stuck with the small portion. Holly and I do not really get to spend a lot of time together, so when we do, I like to do things special. Otherwise, I would have just skipped the ice cream all together.

After our trip into town for the party and our time "window shopping", we headed home where I began "Blessing" my office by organizing, de-cluttering, shredding old documents, bank statements, rental receipts, dusting, etc. I really need to get through everything and condense it down into less cabinets and files so I can make room for my new Futon which I will pick up in about 2 weeks. I am so excited! I've been wanting one for a while.

I also started on my laundry today. I've got quite a bit more to get done, but it will probably end up waiting until Monday when I am off work. I got done my husbands and my uniforms for work, so at least we are good there...

After dinner out with Hubby and Daughter, hubby and I went into town and he bought me the swim suit I found. It's really cute and way different than I have ever worn. And, of all place to find it, I found it at Pac Sun... the trendy teen store. Thankfully this one does not have the cross bones and skulls on it! LOL... seems like most of the stuff they sell there is very Goth or gosh, I don't even know how to describe the style the kids wear now-a-days. I just know it's SOOOOO not me! The suit was bought as separates and I did go with a bottom slightly smaller than I currently need, but considering the base pool is not opening for almost 3 weeks yet, I figured that by then hopefully my working out will prove to be successful enough that they will fit a bit better... ;)

Today's Body Blessings:

B: Banana
L: Sandwich made with one slice Salomi, one slice ham, bit of butter and cheese slice. Au Gratin Chips, pasta salad, and a small piece of cake.
D: Tuscan Ciaballia (not sure of spelling), fries, and a salad with ranch
S: Strawberry Blond ice cream from Coldstone Creamery

Beverages: Water with Lemon, Diet Pepsi, Fuze Slenderize

+ 2 Fiber Choice Multi Vitamins

Todays' Workout:

None... just walking around the mall and my activity working on cleaning my office.







1 comment:

Christine Jeske said...

Yay on getting a new futon and swim suit! How fun.

I never was allowed to clean or iron my husbands navy uniforms . . . lol! I didn't ever get a chance to screw it up even, he just never let me do it.

The ice cream sounds like a yummy treat. Hope you are having a good weekend, thanks for all the comments. <3