Monday, May 18, 2009

My 3-day weekend update...

Well, again, it's been a few days since I've updated on me... it's been an OK weekend as far as activity or moving...not really working out Per Si, but moving. Calorie intake, now that was a different story.

I had the entire weekend off... Saturday, Sunday, & Today, Monday. Yea! Saturday, I got up and hubby decided we were going to go out for breakfast... I had an omelet, hashbrowns, & whole wheat toast. Too much grease in the omelet though.

Then Drew suggested we go hit the town garage sales. There were lots of sales, but not really much of anything we really needed. Many old, old, old collectibles, nicknacks, or just plain junk at many of the sales. Though, I did find some really cute Italian Chef pictures and a couple of paddles with grapes on them to use in my formal dining room.

I've been debating back and forth for a while on the theme I wanted to use... Italian theme or I'm really starting to like some of those darned roosters and chickens that are popular right now...LOL. Didn't like it at first, but my daughter put together a puzzle which has a large rooster carrying a vegetable cart and then had it mounted. It is so darned cute I thought about going that route too...

After a couple hours of shopping garage sales, we headed home and I did a LOT of housework. Got my laundry almost totally done Saturday... cleaned my kitchen, sanitized the counters, picked up and decluttered the dining room and such.

Hubby and I then headed to the commissary to do our grocery shopping. Considering we didn't really need a lot, we walked out of there with $200.00 worth of groceries...and that was AFTER coupons. Why does eating healthy have to cost so darned much!

Hey, challenge idea here... Let's see how many money saving ideas we can come up with on how to save money and still eat healthy... any takers????

Well, hubby decided he needed to get something to eat since he had not eaten since breakfast...and with his diabetes he has to eat on a pretty regular schedule. Well, he decided on BURGER KING... I at least ordered the Whopper Jr this time instead of the Double Whopper, small fry, and a diet coke... still forgot to hold the cheese and mayo though. But in all honesty, it just does not taste the same without them.

We headed home and I continued with my housework, watched the All Star race with hubby, and just enjoyed the evening together. Again, HUBBY decided that since the kid was gone babysitting, that I should forgo fixing spaghetti I had planned for dinner and he ordered pizza. To which, I ate way too much... three slices.

Then it was off to bed where I tossed and turned until about 5:00 A.M. before finally falling asleep. When will I ever learn, that junk food just does not enable me to sleep well at night... I need to continually make SMART, HEALTHY choices.

Sunday morning, we woke up, again, hubby decided that since DD spent the night at a friends house, no need for me to fix breakfast...so we went out to breakfast yet again. I did slightly better this time around though as I chose Moons over My Hammy (Denny's breakfast sandwich), hash browns...which was a smaller portion than normal...so good, and a cup of fruit.

After breakfast, we came home, picked Holly up and headed back to town to do some shopping. Since the weather is FINALLY getting warm, Holly asked if we would buy her some new shorts. Drew dropped Holly and I off at the mall then he went to Best Buy to get a new Blue Ray DVD player as our DVD player we've had the last 8 years decided to die Saturday. He also found a display model TV on sale so bought that for the dining room as he likes to watch TV while he eats dinner. A habit our daughter absolutely hates! She loves to talk during dinner. Which, is usually the time we do most of our talking...

We didn't eat lunch, since breakfast was kinda late... Snacks consisted of mixed nuts & yogurt, dinner was grilled pork rib, baked Brussels Sprouts, fresh veggies, and cornbread stuffing... all in moderation. Well, an overdose of veggies, but that's good as I needed the fiber big time...

Today was a GOOD day for a change... I had a chiropractic appointment today so I had to get up way too early for a day off. But, it was an appointment I missed last week, and really was in need off. It's about that TOM and my lower back always tends to be tender and/or stiff at this time so the adjustment and therapy is much needed. I did eat breakfast at McDonald's... Southern Chicken biscuit, hashbrown, & OJ... so not necessarily the best options, but not a heavy one either. Better than the Deluxe Breakfast I would have normally gotten...

I had some errands to run... made layaway payment on my futon, exchanged a pair of shorts for Holly as one pair was too small, went to CVS where I picked out some thinking of you cards to send to my best friend who just left this weekend for the big sandbox and some more of my beauty products...

I called Drew while in town to let him know that I may be home in time for lunch, but not in time to fix anything other than soup and sandwiches...so, he decided that since he was heading into town at that point anyway to get a new tag for the truck as the new license plate has not yet arrived, that we could just meet over at The China Star for lunch. I ate mostly veggies! I did good! Only three pieces of General Tso's Chicken, and a few pieces of boiled shrimp. I was going to have a couple of cheese sticks that are coated in mashed potatoes, but they were not what I thought and was deep fried cinnamon apples. They were good... and small, so probably not too bad for me.

After lunch I headed back home. I was in a crafty... decorating mood, so put a load of whites in the washer then headed out to get my pictures I bought at the garage sale and got them hung in my formal dining room, changed the table cloth (which I discovered is stained, so needs to be replaced), I also hung my spoon racks... both of them, and hung all my spoons !)...well, all that I could before running out of room...they have only been sitting in the chair out there for a year and a half waiting to be hung.

I then pulled out my paint and paint brushes and finished the grape plaques that I was making for the hotel I used to work at but never got them finished. I will now use them in my formal dining room. They turned out pretty good if I do say so. But then, ceramics have always been one of my favorite crafts and these were more like those then a flat piece of wood... which I have no talent at all trying to paint on wood... gotta have dimension.

I have not done an actual workout over the past few days, however, I have done a few ab crunches, torso twists, stretches etc in the evenings and/or mornings while getting my teeth brushed. So, not all is lost. I still need to make it to the gym and get more cardio in. The cardio sure helps me to feel energized more often then not. It also is what helps me sleep better at night.

Next Thursday (5-28) is my daughter's last day of school... the base pool is suppose to open the following week (which I don't think it will, as they have not even filled it yet since it's been kinda cold yet on some days)... the weather IS finally getting nicer, so hopefully I will be more motivated to workout. Holly did ask me yesterday when we were going to go to the gym again. She likes to go with me, but we just have not been up there lately. This week, I have three late scheduled days, so I should have no excuse about not having time. I can get up in the mornings, work out early, have lunch with hubby, then head to work... what a way to end the Sizzlin Hot By Summer challenge... with a week full of workouts at the base gym...

Well, there you have it... my three day weekend. Not a total lost cause. I got a lot of things done that I needed and wanted to get done. Spent time with my family, and just enjoyed the time off which was desperately needed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's great to see you posting again!

Err... I spend almost 400 dollars when I shop at Costco so I have NO idea how to save money :o) if you find any helpful tips, send them along my way LOL