Thursday, May 7, 2009

"Keep Working Out..."

"Because I know you have to be working out"... that's what a customer told me today... LOL. It was an elderly gentleman purchasing a pressure washer and needed help loading it into his Cadillac. Well, it would not fit into his trunk, so he wanted to try putting it in his back seat. I had to have him put the window down so I had "elbow room" as I just could not get enough room to set it in there... but I did. I thought it was kinda funny when he told me to keep working out as he knew I had to be...

You know, I get that from so many people. They see me and think (and some will actually SAY it) "You are going to load that refrigerator, washer, etc., etc." Many have even suggested I go get a guy to help me as they can't believe that a woman can do it...LOL. They are pretty shocked when I actually load the merchandise myself or with their help.

Today was an extremely busy day again. Two appliance trucks plus the softlines/tools truck. I worked offloading trucks for 7-1/2 hours of my 8-3/4 hour shift. Then I had the SNC all day and was VERY busy with customer pick-ups too. I was, needless to say, beat when I clocked out an hour later than scheduled and headed down to Grizzly's Steakhouse with hubby for dinner.

Because one of my associates has returned back from going active duty with the Army Reserves, we put her on the schedule this week, putting me over hours on my team schedule, so I have decided to take my second day off and not actually work it as originally scheduled. So, tomorrow is planned out for me to get some things done around home... one of which is to make some lunches for me to take to work. I want to make some single serving meat loaves to freeze up, maybe some small twice baked potatoes to take also. That will be a nice meal for my late nights. I was planning on making more soup, but I still have 4 bowls left, so think I will wait a bit for that.

I am also planning on getting some spring cleaning done. I really need to dig deep in my master bathroom and bedroom and get it cleaned. It's been neglected the last month or so because of my heavy work schedule. Maybe I will head up there tonight and get the laundry all brought down and sorted beforehand so that when I get up in the morning, I can just start the washer... sounds like a good plan! The rest of the house shouldn't really take much... a good vacuuming, dusting, and mop my floors. Not a lot of clutter to worry about in the rest of the house. Just the shining everything up...

Today's Body Blessings...
B: Asparagus & Mozz. Cheese Omelet
L: Italian Sub from Arby's, 6 mozz. cheese sticks with marina sauce
D: Apple Pecan Salad with Grilled Chicken and a raspberry dressing(but, just realized, they put grapes on it rather than apples...but it was still yummy!)
Today's Workout...
7 1/2 hours of offloading trucks and running Merchandise Pick-Up.

2 comments:

One Pretty Little Box said...

Your strength amazes me (and apparently others too *wink*)! I am one firm believer and have been ( before my ATkins days) that if we just would move more, we wouldn't have such an overweight nation. It isn't all about the food choices, it is about the time we spend SITTING and doing nothing productive.

Unknown said...

I so agree with you Sheila. I'm not a very active person outside of work that's for sure. Probably why I end up gaining the weight back each time I have lost it. That's why I so want to get back into the consistant workouts as I KNOW I do enjoy it... I just wish I could get my hubby and daughter to participate in things outside together as a family... even if it's just finding a nature trail and biking or walking...