Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I defeated an Excuse tonight...

Yea for me... I wanted to go to the gym and get at least one last minute workout in tonight before tomorrows weigh in... BUT, I kept thinking, then I will miss American Idol and/or Dancing with the Stars. Well, I decided, heck, it's elimination night on DWTS, so I could miss the first part of it... do my workout, and catch the end of the program to see who was going to be sent home... WHAT A SHOCKER that Lil Kim went home! Man, I totally was not expecting that... I'm happy to see Melissa still in it though. I love her. She's so beautiful and such a beautiful dancer.

Anyway, on my way up to the gym, I realized something... my shows on TV can NO LONGER be used as an excuse to not workout. Why? Because each and every treadmill, elliptical, bike, climber, etc. at the base gym has a TV on it. I have a set of headphones, I know how to plug them in, I know how to turn the TV on, I know I'm not so uncoordinated that I can't walk/run and watch TV at the same time... So, that's exactly what I did tonight. I walked/ran and watched Dancing With The Stars while I worked out...then I watched a bit of the Chicago/Vancouver Hockey Game...

Well, the past few days have not been great for me calorie wise. Not totally awful either, but not within my calorie range. Whatever that really should be now. I really need to go to SparkPeople.com and recalculate my calorie intake so that I know what I need to be eating to maintain since I no longer need to loose. Then I need to work on calculating just how my portions are to change from what I know to eat to loose weight. This is where I lost the motivation last time... learning to maintain. It took so long to figure out the correct portions, combinations of foods, etc. to loose the weight that when I reached goal, I really did not want to have to learn all over again. BUT, If I want to be healthy, and not sabotage all the work I have done, I really do need to do this.

I'm not sure what my weight is going to be like tomorrow. It's been up and down all week. I have done some strength training, treadmill, and been super busy at work this week (tis the season for lifting LOADS of lawn mowers, tillers, etc) , so I'm sure I have gained a lot of muscle weight. Which, I will not complain about as THAT is what my main goal has been in the first place.

Yes, I have lost weight over the past few weeks, but there was and still is more fat on my thighs that I'm sure will still cause me to loose more weight. It's really the only place left I'm not totally happy with but not totally disappointed with either, but now that I am stepping out of my comfort zone on the treadmill, I do believe that will change too... In all honesty, my legs have always been my favorite part of my body... even when I was slightly overweight. Because every job I have ever had required me to be on my feet walking all day long, lifting, climbing ladders, etc., my legs have always been very muscular. That and in high school I used to run track and did alot of water skiing and swimming all summer long since I spent every summer in Florida.

Today's Body Blessings...
B: Wheat Thins, Slim Jim (1/4 serving size), Mozz. Cheese
L: Grilled Chicken breast, 1/4 cup mashed potatoes with gravy, Brussels Sprouts, Peaches
D: Steak, 1/4 cup beef rice, green beans, fresh veggies
S: Pretzel Bites (I splurged after our 2 appliance trucks and a busy busy day at Merchandise Pick up)
B: 2 Diet Pepsi, Flavored Water, Fuze Slenderize, Green Tea, Water
Today's Workout...
50 minutes- Treadmill, various speeds/inclines.
Uncertain of distance, calories, mph as I accidentally hit the reset button when my headphones came unplugged... though, I know it was well over 400 calories burned.
Tonight I walked a fast pace walk approx 2-3 minutes then would sprint between 5.7 - 6.5 mph for one minute. My average before I accidentally reset was well above my usual 4.0+ mph I usually walk.
So, overall, I'm happy with my day... Hope you are having an awesome day!

2 comments:

One Pretty Little Box said...

Isn't it nice, to be able to appreciate the things you HAVE accomplished? You are amazing! You are teaching me many things about livng AND losing at the same time.

Last night on The Biggest Loser, there was so much said that I was like "WOW!". Glad I didn't have to miss that! So I getcha on the tv thing.

Unknown said...

Last week I watched Biggest Looser as I did my hardcore workout for my last chance workout. I do like that show too. I just do not watch it as often as I probably should. I get so much inspiration from many of the participants on there. I got hooked on Dancing a couple years ago when Drew was in Korea and seem to enjoy watching that so BL tends to not be watched... probably more because I do not remember when it is on...lol.

I'm happy that you are able to learn from me and my journey to be healthy. Some days I feel as if I slip up way too much to be of much a benefit to anyone let alone myself... but, I guess, that's what makes it a learning experience. We can't all have perfect days and we will make bad choices, but we must just forgive ourselves and move on.

Thanks for the compliment! It really does make me feel better that I too can inspire others through my journey.

Lisa