Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Early Post for today...

I was a bit up this morning for weigh in but as I mentioned last night, I'm not concerned about it. I'm still at my goal weight and I have had a busy week with heavy lifting at work, worked the treadmill 2x and harder than usual... plus I have done some strength training here at home...so, the weight gain in form of lean muscle is much expected...and what I would really like for me now that I have lost the weight.

I thought about getting up early today and heading to the gym, but it was so nice just snoozing a bit longer in bed. My body has been put through a lot of work this week so I really did need it. I was still up before 8:00 this morning though...so that was good. Fixed myself some breakfast...or should I say a lunch as it was more a lunch meal than breakfast... then checked my boards, email, etc.

Shortly before 10:00, I decided to give the new DVD a try that came with my Fitness Magazine this month. That was a nice surprise to get it free with the magazine subscription. Was not sure if it was part of the promotion with a paid subscription or if they just decided to throw it into everyone's May Issue. Either way, it was a GREAT workout though there was No Warm-Up or Cool Down. It is a strength training DVD targeting abs, arms, butt, and thighs. It did three sets of each exercise, only each set was a bit more challenging. Either by adding weights, a push up, or changing the position of your hand or balancing on a pillow, rolled up workout mat or towel. This is definitely another keeper on the list of home workouts...

Hubby just called and we are going to go out for lunch before I have to head to work for my 3:00 to 9:15 shift tonight. Think I will stick to my Buffalo chicken Salad...it's so yummy. And really, I don't think it is really high in calories. They go fairy light on the cheese and the corn chips... and I gotta have a bit of dairy and a bit of carbs at each meal. Probably the worse part is the high sodium content in the chicken. I'll have to counteract that by drinking lots of water today to flush the sodium out of the system so I do not feel so bloated.

Hope everyone had a great weigh in this week... and if you didn't, please do not get discouraged. We are all doing an awesome job and I am so proud of each and everyone of you in the Sizzlin Hot by Summer Challenge. We have all learned so much in the past month about ourselves as we continue along on this journey.

Let's just keep on sharing our good and bad days...encouraging and motivating each other along the way. You gals are AWESOME!

2 comments:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

You are doing a great job of maintaining and keeping active!
Path to Health

Unknown said...

Thanks!