Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Quck Update for Today...

Today has been a really long day. I planned on getting up and working out this morning early before hubby and I went to the Dealership to pick up our new truck, however, something I ate last night just did not agree with my allergies. Needless to say, I had an awful time sleeping last night. I was laying there peacefully, breathing normal, then all of a sudden, it was like I shut off valve tripped to off, and I couldn't' t breath. No idea what it was to trigger the reaction, but it is not fun. Around 1:00 am or so, I decided to go downstairs to see if there was any kind of sinus allergy medicine at all in the cabinet. Luckily, I found some Benadryl and took that. Within an hour or so, I finally drifted off to sleep.

I didn't get up early enough to make it to the gym as I really felt I needed the sleep. So, after sleeping in a bit, i got up, showered, threw in a load of laundry, then got around to head into town. Drew took Holly and her friend to the dealership last night to see our new truck...but I had yet to see it. Let me tell you, it's GORGEOUS! Gorgeous, but Huge...LOL. I felt like a dwarf sitting in

Well, after finishing up with the paperwork, we had to wait a bit for the Prep Team to finish the final touches to the truck, so Drew and I headed down town to the city parks to check out the rivers. They are definitely up drastically from last year due to all the snow melt, but not to the point those living on the river will have to fear flooding. Thank God for that as they were seriously worried about it happening after this years 5 foot of snowfall.

We decided to try the Ruby Tuesday for lunch. I think I did fairly well, I had the salad bar and water... Yummy! Got my protein from the lean ham, a bit of bacon, and boiled eggs. Then of course LOADS of veggies.

After getting the truck, it was time for me to head to work. Neither truck had arrived by the time I got there at 2:00, so I did get a good workout today by offloading an appliance truck (which I actually didn't do alot of as I was busy with customer Pickups) and then I worked the softlines/hardlines truck.

Dinner, well... I didn't choose healthy for that. A burger just sounded so good and I totally forgot to ask to skip the mayo... and I added cheese (which I KNOW I should not have, as dairy is definitely not good for my allergies).

Gosh, come to think of it, I'm not so sure I even ate anything for breakfast... shame on me.

Well, that's my update for the day...

Hope you all had a better day than I did.

I'm heading to bed and hope that by morning, I will be feeling better. I go into work later too, so hopefully I can make it to the gym before heading that work.

Oh... Just wanted to share something that happened to me at work today. One of our customers and I was talking about my allergy attacked last night and he asked me how I was today. Told him not so well, been coughing and my throat and ears are starting to feel the pressure. He looks at me and with his index finger, he motions me to "come here, closer"... I'm thinking OK, why...thinking he's going to try selling me some herbs or something. So, I walked close to him and he asked me, "May I pray for you?". Of course, I agreed that he could. He reached over and touched my arm, and prayed that God would touch me and heal my allergies. It was so awesome. Not at all what I was expecting from him.

Ok, off to bed!

Post a Comment