Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Not THREE...

OK, so I really enjoyed my three days off of work. First three day weekend I have had in months because we are so short staffed. It was so nice to be able to spend a day with hubby after doing the March of Dimes walk, going to the gym and working out, spending time with my blogs, working on getting my house around for spring cleaning. Doing things on my time...when and how I wanted to do it.

Then... it was back to work...

Well, I was NOT expecting to come to work and be faced with THREE appliance trucks. Two, maybe, but THREE! Dang, that just set me off to a bad mood right away. Then, to top it off, the one associate I dislike the most, ticked me off. Sometime over the weekend or yesterday while I was off, HE decided to re-arrange my filing system for the UPS paperwork and threw away last Aprils files, which MUST be kept for 1 year. That one month is not up so neither is keeping them a full year... and he threw them away! I just stood there pretty much yelling at him. I was so upset. He always tends to think that his way is the best way and most will agree, it's NOT. I will be so glad when they find a replacement for me so I can move out to the sales floor as an MCA and not have to deal with receiving as often.

Well, I decided to calm down by going to the HUB office and working on next weeks schedules... that was fun. Three of my 6 associates have requested time off...which they requested months ago and already had plane tickets to Detroit for a concert... After I finished up schedules , I headed to eat my lunch... leftovers from last night. When I came back from lunch, the first of our trucks had arrived so we started offloading it. In actuality, the three trucks were not as bad as I expected. Mostly smaller appliances this time around...very few refrigerators and heavy appliances. Though, the third truck was nothing but crated lawn tractors. For me, all I had to do was stick the block under the crate so they could get the jack under them and move them off...so easy easy task for me.

We actually had all three trucks offloaded BEFORE the third truck was even scheduled to arrive. So it was a good day. Afterward, I headed back to the processing area and finished up processing yesterdays truck. Barb had most of it done, was just down to the last rack and a half. Took me about half and hour or less to complete it.

I got home to dinner being served. It's so nice coming home after a long day of work and not having to cook dinner too. I ate a bit more than I probably should have... hubby doesn't think about corn and rice both being high in carbs... I considered skipping the corn, and eating just the rice and fresh veggies...but ended up eating a bit of corn too. I kept my portions small, but I'm sure it was still too many carbs. Tomorrow's weigh in will tell...

Today's Body Blessing:

B: 2 Waffles topped with Peaches and sugar free Blueberry syrup
L: 1/2 cup rice with about a cup of beef/veggie stir fry
D: Chicken Breast (boneless skinless), 1/4-1/2 cup Corn, 1/4-1/2 chicken rice, fresh veggies
Snacks: 100 calorie pack whole almonds, peanut butter/cheese crackers, Fat Free Tapioca pudding

Beverages: 3-1/2 bottles water, 2 cups Detox Tea, 1 bottle Flavored Water.
Today's Workout:
Offloading appliance trucks...
Some stretches, squats, and lunges while getting around for work this morning... it's a great way to get them in while you are drying your hair, putting on make-up, or brushing teeth. Just do side to side lunges, squats, torso twists etc...

2 comments:

One Pretty Little Box said...

Wow, what a day you had! Hopefully you got to relax a bit after work. I am fixing to have a four day weekend~ Woohoo~ and then only 6 weeks of preschool left before Summer Vacation begins. :) I am soooo read for summer ~ to be on MY own schedule!

Unknown said...

Busy day! Sounds like you get a lot of exercise in at work offloading trucks. I bet that keeps you busy and it's hard work. My brother did that for a while.