Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day 4...

Well, it was a GREAT day of working out... but not so good on calories...

I was really surprised when I rolled over this morning about 6:30 and hubby was getting out of bed, heading to the bathroom for his shower. When he came back and laid down on the bed, I said to him, "why you up so early". His response, "I've been awake since 4:30". So, needless to say I had to pick on him "Well, you must be getting old. Only old people get up so early". To which his response was "Well, then you must be getting old too..."

While laying there, he asked me if I would like to eat breakfast in town since I was going to be doing the March Of Dimes Walk this morning. I jumped at the chance since we don't get to spend much time out together anymore. So, we headed down to Denny's. I kept in mind that my favorite Sandwich, Moon Over My Hammy, is like 750 calories so looked for something that might be a bit better. Settled on a Veggie Cheese Omelet. Not sure how many calories it really was, but figured at least it did not have the bacon and sausage which is on the omelet I usually get. And I only ate half the toast and hashbrowns.

After breakfast, Drew dropped me off at the middle school where the March for Babies was taking place. I was one of the first walkers there, so regiested, turned in my donations, and waited for one of the guys from work to show up that I was going to walk with. While waiting for him, another of the guys from work came in so we walked down to the cafeteria where everyone was gathering and chatted for a while. I've never really talked to him other than in passing, so it was nice to get to know him on a bit more personal level. About half hour later, Del & another associate's daughter came in for the walk. We then all gathered in the gym for the speaches then proceeded to do the walk. They say it's 3 miles. But I know it can't be that long as there is usually so many people there, the pace is rather casual. The walk still lasted 50 minutes so it was at least 1.5-2 miles of walking...

By the time my walk was done and over with, Drew needed to eat lunch as he is diabetic, so needs to eat on a pretty regular schedule. He decided we should try one of the local Pizza Joints in town as we've not yet tried it. It was sooooo good! Much better than their "fast food" location at the mall. I ate more than I should have...but at least started it out with a salad...

We then headed to the Optometrist office to pick up Drew's new sunglasses he ordered this morning while I was walking before heading back to base. We stopped at the Commissary and picked up stuff for breakfast in the morning along with somethinig for dinner tonight.

Came home and checked all you gals blogs out, then headed upstairs to ask my daughter if she would like to go to the gym with me. Of course she said yes, as she love to go up there. I need to keep that in mind when I think I do not have anyone to work out with. She enjoys going up with me even though we do not work out at the same station the entire time. She prefers the bike or elliptical, while I prefer the treadmill.

I also picked up the new Prevention Magazine and the New Fitness Magazine so will spent time this evening reading those. Wonder what "freebie" Prevention will be offering this month...LOL. got my DVDs last month, and a free weight loss buddy thing. It suppose to measure body fat, count steps, calories burned, etc... but I don't find it very accurate so do not use it.

Today's Body "Blessing"
B: Veggie Cheese Omelet, 1/2 order hash browns, 1 slice Wheat Toast w/butter
L: Salad with Fat Free Ranch & 1/2 of a 12 inch thin crust pizza (shame shame shame)
D: 12 asparagus spears, fresh veggies, cube steak with sauteed garlic, onions, mushrooms, golden mushroom soup (gravy... about 1/4 c. total including sauteed veggies).

Beverages: LOTs of water (definately beat my goal by several ozs) 1 diet Cherry Dr. Pepper
Todays Workout
50 minutes casual walking at the March of Dimes, March For Babies Walk
35 minutes on Incumant Bike, 12.59 miles, Average RPM- 82, 263 calories burned
35 minutes on Treadmill, 2.3 miles, varrious speeds incline/decline, Average 4.1 mph

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you definitely got your exercise in, what a great workout. You are doing great. That is so cool that you did the March things. That's cool.

Anonymous said...

Sigh, you are not the only one. My husband begged me to make a huge breakfast this morning so I made eggs, bacon, bagels, toast, and corned beef hash (at his request). I put my food on a small plate and ate slowly, hoping we would go on a bike ride.

Of course, we got sidetracked by playing out in the backyard so dinner rolled around quickly. My husband prepared me a steak dinner with mashed potatoes and garlic bread, oh my. He surprised me with a plate and ate a small portion of it...

Sigh, now my tummy is full and I know today was a BAD day for me :o) but then again, tomorrow is a brand new day!

At least you got your exercise in, you go girl!!!