Monday, April 13, 2009

ATTENTION Chocolate Lovers

Ok, I never knew that Weight Watchers put out a bi-monthly magazine until I saw a couple sitting on the breakroom table at work today. So, while at CVS this evening after getting my hair cut and colored, I picked up the most recent issue...

Anyway, there was a little tidbit in there I thought I would share...

If you are using Science as an excuse to continue eatting chocolate, consider the following...

A recent study of The Journal of Nutrition has found that a 100-calorie serving of Dark Chocolate every 3 days is enough to reap it's heart-health benefits. Larger portions of the sweet treat do not provide added benefits and could cause weight gain, they warn. The BEST approach is to enjoy FIVE Special Dark Hershey's Kisses (3 WW Points Values) no more than 2-3 times a week.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, that must mean that I have the healthiest heart in all of the universe ((echos))

<3 Lovin' it!

;)

Unknown said...

Ooh, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

OK...gotta keep the servings to the minimum though...LOL. It DID say that extra servings do not benefit you anymore...LOL.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Actually, there are other health benefits and dark chocolate has the healthy fat our body needs - MUFAs. I eat DOVE dark chocolate every day (Hershey's is more like wax than dark chocolate - yuck!) and I've lost 15 pounds in the past 2 months. ;-) It's usually less than a 2oz serving. Dove is so creamy and rich, I can't eat too much of it at a time.
Path to Health

One Pretty Little Box said...

Thanks! Who doesn't love chocolate by the way??