Friday, February 13, 2009

Yesterday's Post...

Busy Busy Day...
Well, today was not too bad a day for me. I kept myself busy. I got up this morning early as I knew I would have to leave for work early with the roads as bad as they have been. I got up, showered, dressed, checked my email and boards and still had time to kill. Since I had time yet, I worked more on laundry, washed another load or two and folded some too. I also cleaned up the kitchen from last nights snack dishes that were never taken care of. Some day, hubby and daughter will start doing that on their own. They used too...but who knows what happened with that.
The roads to work were not all that bad today. I was able to drive a whole whopping 40 mph all the way to work. Sure beats the 25-30 mph that I was willing to attempt yesterday. I got to work about 20 minutes early so sat in the breakroom and chatted with the other associates who arrived early. One of the girls said she actually ended up doing a 360° this morning on the way in as the roads were bad out her way yet. Not that they were much better between the base and the bypass. But at least there was a few clear spots from where others had driven over the past 24 hours or so...
I got to work and noticed that my closer did not do any of the UPS shipments nor had he cleared off the desk so I worked on getting that done. I knew I couldn't exactly fault him too much without first finding out how busy they were. From my understanding, MPU was not very busy but the store did make goal yesterday, surprisingly enough considering the weather and roads. Still, hard to fault him knowing he had to close by himself since I did not go in to work.
I appologized to the store manager about not coming in, but I felt it was just not a good idea for me to drive at night. She was very understanding but did make a comment that an hour after I called, everything just cleared right up... My thinking now... well, ok, the FOG cleared up, but the ice on the roads did not...LOL. It's not like they can really say much about me missing work anyway since that WAS my first call out in about 9 years. I'm a very dedicated employee and if I am scheduled to be at work, I will be there if at all possible. Even other associates commented on the roads had to have been bad for me not to have come in...
After getting the UPS processed and my desk cleared off, I went over to help Donald do some moving of merchandise. He was clearing away the tractor attachments so I definately got an upper body workout with that...LOL. Those snow plow attachments, dethatchers, ramps, etc. can get quite heaving for a women of my size...LOL
Oh, speaking of which, I had a customer buy a treadmill and picked it up today. Since I was the one on the SNC, I took the treadmill out to their vehicle. She looked at me and comments on how fit I must be... asked if I liked my job, how old I was, etc. She was TOTALLY in shock when I told her I would be 40 years old in May. She couldn't believe how strong I was and how fit I was for almost 40 years old...LOL I was telling our store manager about the comments and she laughed. She too agreed, that I definately do not look like I am going to be 40 years old...
I was not so sure that our two trucks would make it to the store today...let alone be on time. They did. The first truck, scheduled for noon, was only half an hour late so not bad at all. The second truck, appliences, has a window of 12:00-4:00 and actually arrived about half hour after the first truck. We got both trucks offloaded within 3 hours or so. Luckily they both were small deliveries.
By the time we got the trucks offloaded and things somewhat put away, it was time for me to head back home. Roads were much better tonight than they were this morning...though, still not great. I was at least able to go 50 mph on both the bypass and 83...LOL.
Well, time for me to head in and watch CSI with the hubby...

Today's Body Blessing...
B: Cottage Cheese, Smart Start Cereal, Fruit Cup
L: Creamy Tomato Soup, 8 reduced fat Wheat Thins, Fat Free Chocolate Pudding Cup, Mixed Fruit Cup
D: Pork Loin Chop, 1/2 cup Chicken Rice-A-Roni, 3/4 cup Fried Okra
S: Small chocolate cupcake, cherry licorice bites

Today's Workout
(though I did not want to do but did it anyway...)

3 sets of 6 modified pushups
2 sets of 25 crunches with ball
2 sets of 12 crunches with a twist
2 sets of 15 Lunges (1 set forward, 1 set backward)
1 set of 15 Lateral Squats
1 Plank, held for 30 seconds

No comments: