Friday, January 2, 2009

It's A New Year...time to start my diet again...

Well, it's a new year and things will finally slow down at work. Hours have been cut by more than 100 hours per week for my team of 8 people... so I'll have more time to dedicate to working out and losing my weight. Because most of my team is part time, I don't like to cut them back to so few hours a week that they will end up quitting, so I cut mine back to around 33 hours instead of working a full 40 hours... if we have a busy workload one day, then I'll just stay late as we will usually earn hours by the number of pick ups we have and the number of trucks received... so it balances out in the end usually anyway. Besides, i'm tired of 6 day/ 40 hour weeks... time for me time!

Make yourself a goal.... Yep... but it didn't go so well. My goal was to be within my 1200-1400 calorie range for the day... breakfast blew that right away as it's way more calories than I though... I'll know better next time.
What workout will I do today/ how will I be more active today? My only real "workout" for today was taking down all the Christmas decorations and hubby and I walked around Menards and Walmart after his hockey game. By mid afternoon, I had a major headache so went to bed fairly early.
What will I eat today?... Breakfast...was sausage gravy and biscuits. (I finally calculated calories at sparkpeople for my recipe, and decided that next time it's 1 biscuit with very little gravy)... Lunch... because breakfast was so high, I stuck to a bowl of cereal and milk. Then by 3:30 or so I was getting a headache so ate a few cashews...that didn't help so I ended up getting a candy bar for sugar at Walmart. Nothing seemed to be helping rid of the headache... I knew it was not dehydration because I had already drank 3 or 4 cups of water for the day...along with decaf tea and a small glass of diet pepsi... Dinner. Big Salad, fresh veggies also, and chicken cordon bleu. Last night when my head was really pounding, I pretty much said ok, that cake Holly and her friend baked smells so good, I'm going to have a small piece... so I did.

To top off my day... I DID NOT get a good nights sleep. I went to bed early to try and sleep off my headache, then about 2:30, my husband woke me up, unintentionally, when he got sick... he was up for the next 6 hours or so in and out of the bathroom. Every time I would start to fall back to sleep, he was up again...

Now it's off to work until 9:15.. wish me luck as I am sooooo tired!

No comments: