Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Not as Bad as I Thought...

I had not weighed myself in the past few days as when I decided to do this and take it a bit more serious, it was in the evening or maybe early afternoon...I don't recall now. It was just too late to get a starting weight after eatting and drinking all day. I was going to weigh myself yesterday morning and it totally slipped my mind. Today, however, I remembered to step on the scale and am happy to report that I'm not closer to 160 than I thought. When I stood on the scale, I was only 152.0 lbs... so that's about 8 lbs less than I thought. Which means, I'm only 12 lbs from my goal weight of 140. Yay for me!

I have been a good girl today... I have done 30 minutes of pilates and I have one more excersize on my challnge then I will have my workouts in for today. My flexibility is terrible since I gave up on my workouts 14 months ago. I was so limber that I could touch my nose to my knees without having to bend my knees. Now I can't even straighten my legs out straight and touch my toes without bending my knees. Time to get that limberness back!

I've not yet planned out my menues for my breakfasts and lunches. Hopefully I can do that this afternoon when I get home from work. I'm only working about 4 hours... less than that if the truck gets there soon enough and we get it off loaded as it's my day off but we are short staffed right now so I will, as the Receiving Lead, go in to help.

Think I will go grab one of my fitness magazines and head up to take a bath and read a bit. The more I read, the more my brain gets motivated to do this life style change. I need to throw out the term "diet"... as I know I can't just diet. Diets never work. I have to change the way I think about food, the way I think about fitness, the way I let my emotions control me and my actions, etc. With out making a life style change commitment. I'm bound to fail again... I WON'T fail again...

3 comments:

snowroses said...

All the best in your health journey!

Crystal said...

You are already at my goal weight! haha!

I want to get down to 150, but would love to lose a little more after that. Right now I am taking it a step at a time. After I reach 150, I think I will set smaller goals for myself. I have been as small as 125, and would eventually love to be there again.... doesn't seem likely, but that is why I am doing it a bit at a time.

Is that how it should be done? Or should I pick an ulitmate goal and reach for that? It just seems so out of reach when I say 125.

Unknown said...

I think it all depends on how much you actually really want to loose. For me, since my goal was only 27 lbs when I initially started, I set that as my goal. And this time around, it's only 12 lbs or so that I want to loose so it makes it a fairly easy goal to reach.

I think it is best to set small goals though...and then, when you reach that goal, you can reward yourself with say a manicure, or a facial, or something you would like but just never do for yourself... Setting small goals just makes it seem so much easier than trying to make one big goal...

I think it all depends on you and how you "think". If you set it too big and you feel like you can't make it one day or maybe even a couple of days because it's taking so long, then you may loose focus and give up. Whereas, if you make that little goal, you reach it...it motivates you into your next mini goal.

Maybe "mini" is the key here... you can have your ultimate goal, but set a series of mini goals to help you acceive the ultimate goal...

You can do it...