Thursday, February 5, 2015

Food Prep Made so much easier with ChopMagic

For Christmas, I got this handy little gadget. I absolutely LOVE it! It's called ChopMagic. It is like having 12 knives in 1. I have used it for making French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, and today, I used it when doing my meal prep of meatloaf and meatballs. It makes dicing veggies so much faster!





Typically, I would spend quite a bit of time chopping, dicing, slicing the veggies to stuff my meatloaf/meatballs with. Today, however, I ran the carrots, summer squash, and zucchini through the ChopMagic first. I would usually use the ChopMagic to dice my onions in one swift push of the slicer, however, the onion was so big and I had already used half of it on another prep, I just diced it by hand. This gave me the long strips of carrots and squash that you see here:



I was then able to cut them into smaller diced carrots, summer squash, and zucchini with ease and closer to equal sized pieces. This was the result of the carrots


I was then able to toss all my veggies into my big roasting pan along with the meat, eggs, oatmeal, and spices. You can check out a previous blog post I did giving your the recipes and details of how I make my meatloaf/meatballs. 

http://fitandfabbylisa.blogspot.com/2015/01/more-meal-prep-recipes.html

See how pretty and colorful they turn out with all the veggies in it? And oh how healthy and good they are.


No comments: