Tuesday, November 17, 2009

THANK YOU & my weekly weigh-in


First off, I would like to shout out a great big THANK YOU to everyone who nominated me last week in the GAG Challenge. I feel guilty about being away and not participating much the last few weeks as I've been in this slump lately... It's always makes me smile when I am awarded anything for my blogging. At times I just feel like I'm the "outsider" as I'm not really in to loose weight...but to maintain what I have lost & to share what I have been learning through my journey to a healthy lifestyle, etc. When I am awarded these blog awards, it gives me a bit more encouragement that maybe I am making a difference to someone even though I don't always feel like it. So, THANK YOU to each and every one of you that has helped me along my journey and to those who nominated me in the various categories. I really do appreciate each and every one of you!

This week has definitely not been great for me. I woke up Monday morning last week with congestion... as the day/days went on, it got worse and worse... major sinus infection wearing me down this week. Then to top that off, Sunday started TOM. Yesterday I was just miserable and even contemplated calling out sick from work. I had planned on making it to the Y a few times this past week, but being as congested, coughing, & sneezing like I was, I felt it best that I do not spread the germs with other members...

Considering the week I have had, I'm happy to weigh in that I at least maintained my 144 lbs from last week. Honestly, I have considered making 145 my "happy weight"... that seems to be where I stick to all the time when I'm not working out every day or at least every couple of days. That is, as long as I pay attention to my food intake.

I consider it, then I think... "Why?" Is that copping out on myself? Giving myself an excuse to not workout...? I really need to have my goals... to make "myself" happy...not just a weight my body is happy with. I know, it's only about 5-10 lbs from what my personal happy weight is for me to be happy with myself (135-140 lbs) . Decisions, Decisions...

I had today off, and got major housework and laundry done that needed to be done.... I have family coming this weekend so wanted to get things done. Still gotta sweep and mop the floors (which I hate as base housing is nothing but tile floors...other than the upstairs) and I still need to clean my bedroom/bath

... washed my daughter's laundry (she usually does her own) as well as ours from yesterday
... folded, and took care of clean laundry (weeded through ALL clothes and threw a bunch away)
... made up the guest bed and put my new quilt on it that my Mother In Law made. :)
... dusted the guest bedroom
... dusted pictures, mirrors in upstairs hallway and guest bedroom
... cleaned my office/craft room/workout room (vac floors & furniture) & dusted
... dusted breakfast nook, formal dining room, and put fall table cloth on in formal dining
... rearranged the things in my china hutch
... polished my kitchen cabinets
... tightened the knobs on cabinets which were becoming VERY loose
... took out trash in each of the rooms

As for last weeks challenge... I actually did participate but never posted my Thanksgivings here on my blog... LOL. I was already doing that over on Facebook when the challenge was posted! LOL. I know, the points don't count over there... But the Thanksgiving comments are what matters...right?

I will share here in this blog post my Thanksgivings... :) Better late then never right? LOL...


Today I am thankful for my "breakfast in bed"...well, it would have been breakfast in bed if I hadn't spoiled the surprise hubby was planning when I came downstairs to see what all the noise was...LOL.

Today I am thankful for all my friends who make each day a brighter day. I look forward to seeing all that everyone has been doing in their life and reconnecting with lost friends. Thanks everyone!

Today I am thankful that the Ad Set went well considering we had NO SIGNS to start with as the size we needed are back-ordered... Had to do a Request A Sign for just about every rack in softlines in another size...but we got it done. Three hours after the store opened, but it's done!

I am thankful for my family who supports me in everything I do... Love you all!

Today I am thankful for my In Laws who have always accepted and loved me as their "chosen" daughter.

Today, I'm thankful for my hubby who loves me unconditionally. Even when it's hard too! LOL....

Today, I'm thankful for my daughter, who even though can drive us wild, she is a kind loving daughter...and cracks me up at times with her silliness!

Today I am thankful that ND is not feeling the effects of the recession and I have a job that is pretty secure!

Today, I am thankful for my Grandparents...two of the most awesome people I know!



Enjoy your week GAGers and followers of my blog. It's going to be a busy busy week for me as we prepare for the Black Friday Sales at work... I know Wed. will be a BIG day for all of us next week as we have to set the signs for Black Friday before we leave...but after the store closes before we can set the Doorbusters! Will be a late night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THEM! And I included them in your points total. No matter what your reasons for being in GAG, they are important and welcomed and the challenge is better because you are a part of it.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Great Thankfuls! :)