Monday, July 13, 2009

Lowering My Carb intake for 1 week....

Ok, I'm not big on the Low carb diets, but I've been so bloated and just plain tuckered out here lately, I'm going to go to eating no bread, potatoes, pasta, or rice for one week. Try to flush my system of all the over eating of it I have done over the past few months.

Once my week is over, I'll go back to eating them in a healthy mannor. Go back to measuring my portions, stick to whole grains, and switch back to brown rice instead of white... My pasta (other than those hubby cooks, aka Rice A Roni, is the lower carb variety (only 5 digestible carbs per serving) so that isn't the problem... but the Rice A Roni is...

I will get my carbs this week by eating my beans, fruits, etc. I will not be totally eliminating them from my diet as I believe I do need them to help me to feel full and give me energy...

6 comments:

Christine Jeske said...

That weekend road trip sounds like it was a blast!

I think a week low carb is just about perfect. Good luck!

Martha said...

Be prepared to feel sluggish from the lack of carbs :) but you can do this, we're all rooting for you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Christine and Martha... so far so good. Breakfast has been fruit and cottage cheese... lunch and dinner were salads today with grilled chicken... yesterday, salad for lunch, dinner was beans, fresh veggies, and ham steak... plus I've been drinking a glass or two of apple juice each day. Seems to be cleaning me out well...LOL.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hope your week has been going well!
Path to Health

Unknown said...

I didn't quite make it a week. My Grandparents got to ND 2 days earlier than expected, but I am feeling alot better and limited my intake of the carbs quite a bit...

Christine Jeske said...

Glad you feel better and have a great week!