Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sluggish and Sleepy....

Man oh Man... I think I figured out why for so long I was sluggish, sleepy, and just not motivated to do anything at all.

I started my day off pretty good yesterday morning, headed to work, then came home afterward, finished the salad and got ready to head to the Guy's Poker Night/BBQ at one of hubby's co-workers homes so hubby could play poker and I hang out with the wives.

Well, I ate WAY too much last night... 2 burgers loaded with veggies, wings, salad, chips, Alfredo. Then on top of that, there was no diet pop (hubby drank it all with his Vodka) so I drank two cans of regular Pepsi. I felt so bloated and miserable afterward.

We had a great time hanging out and sharing stories... I'll have to tell you about one of the girls blonde moments... oh, my gosh. If I ever though myself or my niece was a blonde, well this girl takes the cake...

This spouse's hubby is deployed and he called her one day and they got to talking about the Swine Flu.

She says to him, "Yeah, I've been watching it on Fox News, but I think they've got it all wrong".

When questioned by her hubby about what she meant, she responded with "They keep showing pictures of Pigs".

His response, "and just what do you think swine is"?

To which she replies... "A Big White Bird"...

So her hubby has to explain to her, "No, that would be a swan. Swine is pigs."

To which she responds, "I have only heard of them (pigs) being called bacon or ham"...

Needless to say, all of us spouses got a HUGE laugh out of her blonde moment. We had such a great time. This is actually the first time I have ever really enjoyed hanging out with the spouses (It's actually my second Poke night attending). Any other time they have had get together, it's usually the Spouses meeting where they talk business, or it's a drink fest which I have no interest in at all. So, being able to hang out and just talk, joke around, and just have fun is quite refreshing.

We finally got home somewhere between 12:30 and 1:00 AM... I think, I really do not remember. Got home and headed straight to bed where I laid there tossing and turning most of the night as I was so uncomfortable from all the junk food I ate.

Upon getting up this morning, I came down stairs to find a Mother's Day card on my computer from hubby. I opened it, thanked him, then watched the race from last night with him as he recoded it to watch today since we were gone last night.

I laid on the couch half asleep most of the morning as I still felt terrible. Drew told me that we were going to head to The Grand International for Mother's Day lunch. It's one of the "nicer" hotels in town. Far from some of the nicest hotels I've been too, but the food and service was pretty good. I started off with a salad, and a large serving of veggies as I knew I needed fiber. I also had Prime Rib, 2 small Red Potatoes, 1 wheat dinner roll, and a small piece of Chicken Kiev. Then since it was Mother's Day, I did go to the dessert table with my daughter and got a small chocolate brownie and a dish of strawberry mousse. The strawberry mousse though was too much. Way too sweet and rich for my liking. The brownie was delicious though!

We then went for a ride. I could barely keep my eyes open I was so tired, I tried to sleep, but the headrest on the new truck is just way too uncomfortable for me with the angle of the tilt it has. I so need to buy a neck roll for in the truck when we go on long rides.

Upon getting home, I went upstairs and took a nice long nap. Probably 2-3 hours. Woke up just in time for dinner. Hubby went to the commissary and bought New York Strips to grill, fixed some okra, and Au gratin potatoes. Yummy. Then, he washed dishes afterword since it was Mother's Day and he wanted me to have the evening of doing dishes off.

So, now that this weekend is about over, I have realized something. Too much food, junk food, non-diet pops really wreck havoc on my system. I need to steer clear of them or at least limit my intakes...

Now it's off to drink some more water to continue flushing my system...

Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I hope you feel better soon! I am feeling sluggish from my Mother's Day weekend as well, I can't wait to flush out the yucky food from my system that's for sure.

The blonde moment cracked me up! Truth be told, I rarely heard the term "swine" until the whole flu fiasco so I can see where she's coming from LOL

Hope you feel better toots!