Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Been MIA concerning my blog posts...

I've not posted my blog the last few days...other than to share a recipe and a couple of articles I received in my email from eDiets.

My last couple of days have been pretty good since my terrible Saturday night BBQ where I ate way too much. I did cut back some on Sunday, but probably still above my calorie intake.

I have not yet done any more working out since I had to work Saturday then went straight to the BBQ and we were gone most of the day on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday were truck days at work, so that is where I got my physical activity. An 805 piece truck on Monday... again, lots of lawn mowers, grills, and patio furniture so it was a good workout. Yesterday brought 2 applience trucks again... the second was mostly refrigerators, ranges, and 7 garden tractors...so another good workout. Got my bending, lifting, squating, etc. in while uncrating tractors and hauling the pallets from them over to the wood pile...

I have started to notice one of my favorite feelings about strength training... Some of the guys at work think I am totally weird because I LOVE the feeling of working my abs. They just feel so tight and strong all the time. Even if I am not working out, I can feel the tightness of them. It's an awesome feeling knowing that my body is starting to tone up and be stonger again.

I've also started to notice the muscle tone in my arms a lot more now too... a lot less jiggle in back. One of the things I have been trying to do at work which I think helps, is that I am actually bending my elbow more as I dolly off the appliences so that my upper arms are being flexed and used more to hold the merchandise. Normally, I would keep my arms straight down and the weight was pulling more on my shoulders. I think this slight change is making a big difference in my muscle tone too.

I've been thinking about doing my pics again... just kinda anxious to see how much change I have actually had since the challange began, but I think I will hold off two more weeks...

What a great Birtday present this challange is giving me... my muscle tone, energy, and self confidence back! The end date of our challange is my Birthday! May 27... and I will be 40 years old but I still feel for the most part like I'm in my 20's! WOW...

Thanks to each and every one of you for the encouragement, support, and motivation you offer. Each challanger in their own way really helps in motivating each other. You gals ROCK!

1 comment:

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

You are doing an amazing job toning those muscles! Can't wait to see your progress pics on your birthday! :-D
Path to Health